CS6 now telling me my limit reached after signing up for CC

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Community,

I work at a school and we have a 250 seat volume licence for CS6. Whenever we re-install or re-image, it asks for a user sign-in and I use the registered account. Now we've signed up for CC, if I interact eith CS6 - usually because it thinks it's no longer licencsd - I'm told I have reached my limit of 2 devices and have to sign-out of other devices. I'm now playing whack-a-mole with CS6 device licences - I fix one but the 2 previous ones I fixed are now signed-out and think they are not licenced. Anybody have any idea how to solve this dilemma so I can still work with CS6 as we transition to CC?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you install CC over CS6, then CC takes over the CS6 licensing. This means the original CS6 license is irrelevant. At least.., that’s the story with retail licenses. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Community,

I think we solved this now. The account we use for CS6 was made an admin for the distribution of CC licences - it was the only Adobe account we had then. We removed the admin status and created a new admin account. So far we've been able to re-licence a couple of CS6 instances without it displaying the limit reached nag. Fingers crossed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's true that Creative Cloud subsumes the licensing for CS6, because previously CC subscribers have been able to download & run CS6 products as included under their subscriptions.

So in order to break this association, CS6 needs to be deactivated and reactivated (and run) separately from CC.

Creative Suite 6 applications unexpectedly revert to trial mode

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines