• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

deactivating an old serial number

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an old CS5 serial number linked to my CC account. The software is old and I no longer use CS5. How can I remove this serial number from my active Creative Cloud Adobe account. 

The serial number is in my product history? and I want to deactivate it and remove it from my account.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Transfer (selling or giving your software away) https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/transfer-product-license.html
-you may NOT sell or transfer an Education serial number

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why exactly do you want to do this?

What does it matter if it shows up in your Purchases section of your Adobe ID account?

There is no logical reason to bother doing this, IMHO, and AFAIK it can't be done except in one instance. If you Transfer that license, Serial Number, to someone else.

Is that what you are planing on doing? Selling CS5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep that's exactly what I want to do, clear my old software and sell the licences (if anyone would have it).

I'll look into the transfer license route, thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK to transfer the license, serial number, you actually have to have the name of the person it will be transferred To.

And it can only be transferred Once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post to a better forum, Account, Payment & Plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transfer (selling or giving your software away) https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/transfer-product-license.html
-you may NOT sell or transfer an Education serial number

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're selling a pig-in-a-poke.  Inform the prospective buyer that CS5 is discontinued, unsupported and will never be updated for modern operating systems.  Depending on the platform and user's OS, it might work or it might not.   Legacy Mac software is especially problematic whereas Win software will probably work on Win10.

=============
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately.  It's a scam, run away!
=============
3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff

https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines