Different pricing, no justification

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Me and some friends subscribed to Adobe Cloud (all apps) service since 2 years ago. We started at the same time, we always payed exactly the same, use the same sevices, in the same computers types... all the same and equal. Now, we all got to the end of the same subscription, but they were offerd a new plan of 36,89€/month for one year, and I didn't. I got 49,19€/month for one year. Why?

I contacted adobe via "chat", and they said it was a "system process". That's not a reason, and this is totally unfair.

I searched for somewhere to complain, but got nothing. Only a weird e-mail the chat-guy gave to me.

Can someone clarify this?

TOPICS
Activation, CC FAQ, Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pricing depends on subscriber country, plan (individual, education, enterprise, non-profit status and maybe other things) and time of year.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I repeat: we are exactly the same. Classmates from same university, same age, same status, same country, same city, same building, same timing, same everything. The only difference was that some payed monthly and I payed annually. It's not right.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're not exactly the same if you have different payment plans, though paying annually wouldn't increase your cost vs paying monthly.

but i have no way to check your plan/payment etc and check whoever you think is exactly the same (subscription-wise) and tell you why you have different prices and why you're not exactly the same (subscription-wise).

and no one else can do anything other than check your status (and that can only be done by adobe employees - which i'm not).  but even adobe employees probably aren't going to probe someone else's accout on your behalf.  otoh, if you think they will or think they should, you can contact adobe support again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that you can't compare. But still, I can't understand what we might have that is so different to the point of making such a price change, when we do exactly the same. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i sympathize with your predicament.

unfortunately, adobe's website (and other adobe matters) is (are) not a model of clarity, to say nothing of simplicity.

i'd recommend using google to search adobe's website to look for pricing/specials etc.  just add "site:adobe.com" to your search so you don't get linked to scams offering low prices.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like your plan renewal came in at the regular, full-price rate instead of the Student discounted rate.  That can happen if your original student plan lapsed for lack of payment.  Once a student plan lapses, that's it. It's over.  You can't go back.

Are you still a student?  Maybe you can subscribe to a new student plan under a different e-mail address and password.   It will be a totally new account.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/buy/students.html

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines