Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do (cheap) "subscription codes" exist? Found one, but maybe it's scam

Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a forum someone offers codes for extending an Adobe CC license (all apps) by 12 months, and that for only 100 euros (1/7 of regular license fee). Does something like this really exist (subscription codes) or is it scam?

This is something I would like to ask Adobe directly, but unfortunately they do not offer contact by e-mail.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

This is a scam. Nobody can buy cheap subscriptions, so nobody can sell them. It's as simple as that. So, what is their motivation? They might just want your credit card. They might want to install malware, so they can get your credit card, and much more,including blackmailing for access to your computer. You might get a CC that runs for a few days or even weeks before Adobe notice the scam and lock it down. A business can expect high fines for using pirate licenses. Adobe do sometimes offer intr

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a scam. Nobody can buy cheap subscriptions, so nobody can sell them. It's as simple as that. So, what is their motivation? They might just want your credit card. They might want to install malware, so they can get your credit card, and much more,including blackmailing for access to your computer. You might get a CC that runs for a few days or even weeks before Adobe notice the scam and lock it down. A business can expect high fines for using pirate licenses. Adobe do sometimes offer introductory offers, sometimes as much as 25% off, available only for the first year to new users. But there are never savings to be made by buying from someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. The payment would be via PayPal, so this person would not get any credit card information. I would get HIS information (the PayPal mail address).

Meanwhile I was able to contact Adobe via chat. They could not tell me whether this is something illegal ot not. They told me that there are activation codes which add another 12 months to the current subscription. But whether this specific offer is legit, is impossible to say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There may be strings attached that we don't know about.  But typically, when a price is "too good to be true," it's a scam. 

Report suspicious e-mails and sites below.

=============
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away!
=============
3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff
https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As others have said, it's a definite scam. Always be wary when the price seems too good to be true. Where did you see this?

Besides, Creative Cloud subscriptions do not function via "codes" as Creative Suite did, but rather via logins using your Adobe ID which has purchased a membership... So, it would have to be a rip-off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found it in a market place forum on a video editing board. Codes exists, said the Adobe support. I do not mean serial numbers, but codes for license extension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I found it in a market place forum on a video editing board."

I have no first hand knowledge of any legitimate codes issued by Adobe that will extend your subscription beyond it's current expiration date.  I prefer to maintain a healthy skepticism about offers that sound "too good to be true" because 9 times out of 10 they are not what they appear to be.  Or worse, they're a total scam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I have no first hand knowledge of any legitimate codes issued by Adobe that will extend your subscription beyond it's current expiration date"

But I have (as I said two times). Or maybe you know more about Adobe licenses than that Adobe employee. The maximum official discount is about 55% compared to the original price (at least here in my country).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your statements are very confusing. This is a user-to-user forum.  If Adobe staff can't verify the offer is legitimate, nobody here can either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As stated above, it's definitely a scam. Any "subscription codes" you find on an online forum are absolutely fake. As in, not legitimate.

All Creative Cloud licenses are nontransferrable; they cannot be legally sold by anyone except by Adobe and authorized resellers. And there is no official discount offered except for rare sales.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although almost two years have passed (and my question has been answered), I want to add the information that these "subscription codes" I meant are in fact pre-paid subscriptions. That's the term I did not know back then. Maybe they are not offered in every country, but in Germany there are several well-known online-stores which offer these codes with up to 55% discount (legally). But these 55% are only offered on special occasions like the "black week".

I just wanted to add this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I guess what is happening is that the online stores are able to offer the same discounts as Adobe. Adobe have typically offered a high discount (55%) in "black week", so you may well find that genuine resellers simply have the changed price.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines