• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Donating old physical copies of Adobe software

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I was very surprised to not find much info through searching the forums here or searching Google.

I have several old copies of Creative Suite and Lightroom I'd like to donate.

Since they are licensed to me that means I can't just give them to Goodwill or a school or anything.

Does Adobe have a program to accept, relicense or remove licenses, and distribute donated versions of their software?

I saw something about a partnership with techsoup though it looked like it only donated cloud versions, I contacted them as well.

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Nobody's interested in outdated, unsupported software from a decade or more ago.  People need modern software that's compatible with their modern cameras and operating systems. 

2. The installation disks won't work without an optical reader which most people no longer have.

3. Old Creative Suite installers won't work on modern Macs.  And Catalina doesn't support 32-bit apps at all.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

4. Even if you transfer ownership and the new owner manages to get the old software installed on a compatible OS, activation may be impossible.  Activation servers for CS1, 2 & 3 are dead and gone.  

5. CS4, 5 & 6 are on life support.  Last I checked, activation was still possible but the updates are gone. Adobe removed the links.

Now do you see why this is futile?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

=============
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to buy/sell software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away!  DO NOT give strangers sensitive information.
=============
3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff
https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines