Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Education Plan to Individual Plan - How to Transition

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I am on an education plan for CC (it was a personal account I used during college), but since I graduated I wanted to transition my account to an individual plan - though I would absolutely love to stay on the education plan as much as possible for that discounted rate lol. 

I went online to manage the plan and upgrade the account, but it didn't give me the option to upgrade the plan. It just offered me the current plan that I was on, in addition to downgrading to just purchasing individual apps.

My question is - Is there some magical way to manage the plan and upgrade the account to an individual account? It's already under my personal email address and everything, I just need to change the amount I'm paying - I would feel like a fraud if I didn't. 

Thank you so much in advance for the assistance, and I'm sorry if this question is dumb. I have searched far and wide and I can't seem to find anything... 

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand why you want to pay more. 

You'll need to wait until your 12th month of service to cancel your current subscription or incur a 50% early termination fee.  And when you cancel your student plan, you'll never be eligible to get it back again.  So DO NOT cancel your student plan!!!!  Leave it alone.

If you want to change the e-mail addresses associated with your plan, you can do that from your account portal.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

I really don't want to pay more, but I was under the impression that since I was no longer a student I wouldn't be able to keep my account as is. In the email I received this morning about auto-renewing my account, it said I might have to confirm eligiabilty and since I am no longer in college I didn't think I would be elligable. 

Since I got my account as a student, can I remain on a student account?

Nicole

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you're allowed to keep your student account for another year.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines