• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extortionate cancellation policy

Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe are currently offering 2 months free subscription to assist people during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Basically you "threaten" to cancel your account and, part way through the process it offers the two months free subscription. Personally I think this is probably a permanent offer, designed to dissuade customers from cancelling, and nothing to do with COVID-19 (which would be sad if Adobe were indeed "passing it off" as a humanitarian gesture in this time of crisis for so many people).

Anyway, I did this and it worked for me as well but I was mortified to see that if I did actually go ahead and cancel I would be charged around $450 "early cancellation fee"! WTF I've been paying between $85 and $115 since Nov 2015 (I'm in Australia where prices are higher due to exchange rate, plus I subscribe to AdobeStock). I would have thought after all this time I could cancel any time I want with no penalty. What a rort!

Screenshot 2020-03-20 07.27.53.png

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Davidg2020, I am sorry but there is a cancellation fee in effect for any annual membership.  You can find more information about the cancellation process at http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/cancel-membership-subscription.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Davidg2020, This link does not tell you anything amount the amount of the early cancellation penalty.  What is it based on?  Does it change if I do not cancel now .......What will the penalty be next month?  Chat is not available to answer any questions in this regards.  Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CynthiaZ, the answers to your questions depends on several different factors.   Please work directly with our chat support team at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html so that the answers to your specific questions can be provided.  Wait time may be longer than usual due to the current pandemic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines