• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FREE 3 month membership to Adobe software. SCAM or NOT?

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

I have received an email from partnerships@dji.com after I bought a DJI Mavic air 2 saying I get a free 3 months membership to one of the following Software packs (Adobe Premiere Pro) & (Adobe Photography plan). I am wondering if anyone else has gotten this email and whether DJI & Adobe are even partners.

Is this a scam? 

See below image of the email.

Thanks in advance.

DJI Email.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does not offer three-month subscriptions (per se). Rather, most such "free three-month" subscriptions of Adobe software are actually contingent on you choosing the default "one-year subscription paid monthly," which means that the third-party company (in this case, the parent company of DJI) will be paying three of those 12 months on your behalf within the first year of your subscription. Afterwards, you are responsible for paying every month of automatically-renewed subscriptions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, by the way, in the case of the DJI promotion, you will have to choose the "monthly subscription" option and not the default "one-year subscription, paid monthly" option when you sign up for Creative Cloud. If you don't change or cancel your subscription before the three months are up, you will be responsible for the much higher monthly subscription cost of 50% higher than the default "one-year subscription, paid monthly" - which comes out to almost $80 USD plus taxes per month (because all Adobe subscriptions automatically renew until you manually change or cancel your subscription).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines