Full Subscription scam

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I just got an email from Adobe about a full Subscription I never did and checking on my app it shows I'm a free user.......the email looks genuine so just a mistake or some scam?

Screenshot_20210223-154006~2.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

looks fake because reader is free and no subscription (free or otherwise) is needed.  just go to your app store and install acrobat reader on your mobile.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

message@adobe.com smells like a spoofed email address.

Have you tried viewing the email header to see where it really came from?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted the picture of the email address and looks like genuine but it was
smelling like s**t =D

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you have to examine the email headers and i'm not sure that's possible with your email program on a mobile.  anyway, don't click anything from that email, or at least, don't give any personal info.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
15 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at an email address tells you nothing. It's like reading the name at the bottom of a letter; no proof of anything. Because ANYONE can send email from ANY address. The email header, if you can see it, gives a trace of the servers it came from, and carefully reading the whole chain (NOT being selective) can tell you things, but it's hard.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
15 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you guys for the support, now I will be more vigilant cause they
always find a new way to scam specially in these hard times 🤬🤬🤬🤬

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
kglad LATEST
12 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines