• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Adobe checks student status?

Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2014 Mar 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought Adobe Creative Cloud for students and my question is how Adobe checks my student status? I didn't receive any email on my .edu account or anything. Do they check it right away during sign up process or they check it after some time? How does it work?

TOPICS
Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Mar 05, 2014 Mar 05, 2014

Hi Kacperet,

Welcome to Adobe Forum,

You can keep using the CC, you will receive an E-mail from Adobe to submit the education details & documents. You will have to respond to that Email only.

Please keep using the CC.

Regards,

Rajshree

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

This is about graduation, but I **think** that your current subscription is valid until the end of your year

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/graduation-education-discount-expiry.html

When your current subscription is about to renew, and you can't prove student status, will be the time to change

To Change Plan https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/change-plan.html

If that doesn't help, you need to contact Adobe support, not other users in a public forum

Be sure to remain sig

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kacperet,

Welcome to Adobe Forum,

You can keep using the CC, you will receive an E-mail from Adobe to submit the education details & documents. You will have to respond to that Email only.

Please keep using the CC.

Regards,

Rajshree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kacperel ,

We collects the academic information as a separate step during the purchase process. However, We performs a spot check on these customers later on. During the spot check process, the education team pulls up the details of a percentage of these customers and validate their eligibility using standard guidelines. If the education team can't validate the customer’s eligibility, then they reach out to the customer requesting further information. If the customer doesn't provide the eligibility documents within 14 days, then their subscription is canceled.

You can keep using the CC Edu Membership.

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks!

Eshant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see. But in what time are they performing these checks - is it random? And what happens if I decided to cancel my studies after for example 6 months (I'm not sure about my studies)? Cause according to message from John Waller here it should still be fine: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1314750

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kacperel,

Yes, John is correct. His response is valid. Eshant's response is also correct.

Do remember if you cancel it after 30 days of purchase & within an year (12 months), it will attract a penalty fee as it is an annual subscription.

Regards,

Rajshree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but I'm still not sure when they can perform this spot check process - what if they do it after 3 or 6 months at the time when I can possibly not be student anymore?

And If they can perform check like this after such time - then I probably have to cancel subcription now within 30 days, cause I'm just not sure whether I will stay in college or not - I would like to know the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have A Question. What If We Live outside USA? how can we prove that we are a student? i am asking because I live In India and I still Dont know whether or not My College can give me An .edu email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2018 Aug 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a student in Thailand and wondering the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2018 Aug 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to contact your school authorities and ask them if they can give you an .edu email address.
Explain to them why and for what you want/need one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mauricep27921461  wrote

You may want to contact your school authorities and ask them if they can give you an .edu email address.

Beeing a student has nothing to do with your e-mail. We do not have .edu for edicational institutions. We have school.lu, education.lu, restena.lu etc etc.

The student status is normally determined by a certificate issued by your school/university. If you are a teacher, your school or institutions needs to deliver a teacher’s certificate.

In Luxembourg students get at the beginning of the year certificates to prove that they are students. As Adobe asks for the certificates not beeing older then 6 month, you should either take your subscription during those first 6 month or you need to get a new certificate after that date.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I want to ask sort of the same thing. I was a student when I signed up for Adobe student subscription, but I've cancelled my studies. Should I cancel my plan? Can I upgrade from student to full price? Should I change my student information? I still want to use Adobe.

Best,

Siri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is about graduation, but I **think** that your current subscription is valid until the end of your year

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/graduation-education-discount-expiry.html

When your current subscription is about to renew, and you can't prove student status, will be the time to change

To Change Plan https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/change-plan.html

If that doesn't help, you need to contact Adobe support, not other users in a public forum

Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link below
-you must also allow 'cookies' in your web browser for this to work
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html for chat or https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html
-click the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session
-the chat icon looks like '3 dots inside a circle' at the lower right
-type AGENT into the chat window to connect directly to a person rather than the AI
Do be aware that Adobe's staffing is impacted by the virus, so wait times are long
Also: beware of answering anyone who sends you a private message
-click for more information about scammers https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines