Highlighted

How do I cancel my auto renewal?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My one-year membership to a $9.99/month photography plan will expire on 6/12/17 and I would like to cancel my auto-renewal membership without any termination fees before I am sucked into another contract. How do I cancel it? Give me step by step instructions.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by kglad | Adobe Community Professional

you should cancel today.  why do you think there's a cancellation fee when you're not cancelling early?  ie, you've paid 9.99 for the month ending 6/12/17.

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

This conversation has been locked.

How do I cancel my auto renewal?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My one-year membership to a $9.99/month photography plan will expire on 6/12/17 and I would like to cancel my auto-renewal membership without any termination fees before I am sucked into another contract. How do I cancel it? Give me step by step instructions.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by kglad | Adobe Community Professional

you should cancel today.  why do you think there's a cancellation fee when you're not cancelling early?  ie, you've paid 9.99 for the month ending 6/12/17.

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to cancel the membership.

If I cancel the membership now, I'll be charged a 58.75 cancellation fee, though I've paid for all my months on my contract.

If I don't act before Monday, they are going to put me into another one-year contract.

Seems like the only way to solve this catch-22 is to cancel my credit card and run like hell from Adobe in the future.

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cancelling auto-renewal is not an option.  We have no idea when your plan cycle ends, but if you cancel just before the auto-renewal takes place then you don't get a cancellation fee.

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My plan ends in 4 days. Seems pretty close to the end for me. You're saying I need cancel hours/minutes/seconds before renewal?

Translate

Translate

Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so I needed the photoshop app for 1 single project now I'm done with it m I don't really use it, it's set to renew on 10/31/2019 I don't want to renew it how do I stop it?

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And WHY is it not an option? Answer that!

Translate

Translate

Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please log-in to your account below. Click Manage Plans > Cancel
https://account.adobe.com/plans

To avoid 50% penalty fees, cancel your Annual Plan in the 12th month of service, after final payment is processed.  So you don't forget, set a reminder on your smartphone.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe are another sly, greedy company trying to catch people out hoping they will forget to cancel and (auto) commit to another years subscription. They can then trap them for another year or bill them a hefty cancellation fee.  I chatted with a rep online and the only way you can cancel without a fee is if you do it in the last month of your subscription and then if you want to get the full worth out of your subscription you have to remember to cancel on the last day of your subscription...how sly is that.

This type of business tactic just makes people angry.  Set a reminder on your phone and find another product when your subscription is up people and stop supporting these greedy companies

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also want to cancel my membership! i had no clue adobe was still charging me for a product I have not used for a while Or since I knew my subscription ended. Having looked at my bank account, adobe have seemed to be charging me more than my last contract. Someone help!

Translate

Translate

Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manage your Creative Cloud membership

if that doesn't help you cancel your account, using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'still need help', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given whats happening in the world today, some leniency would be nice here however this type of practice even if legal doesnt make me want to recomend the product or renew, id rather take the hit of paying to lose access to the apps and not consider your products in the future.

Translate

Translate

Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved this whole conversation over from the Download and install forum to the Account, Payment & Plan forum as I have no idea how it ended up in that other forum.

It has nothing to do with downloading or installine any Adobe program and it is about Canceling a subscription and or Auto Renewal.

Translate

Translate