• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I work offline?

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to be able to work offline - when I am connected to the web my computer is so slow. So how do I do this? i pay a subscription - but Adobe CC keeps making me sign in to be able to use the latest version of Camera raw. It is driving me mad. have i missed something? Thanks for your help on this.

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's making you sign in to Camera Raw? Do you mean Photoshop? Camera Raw is INSIDE of Photoshop.

I don't think being connected to WIFI would slow down your computer.... but to work offline.... you simply Turn off WIFI and work. My apps open just fine whether on a plane or in a coffee shop.  If you are having issues perhaps contact Adobe Support. As long as you sign in like every month or so it should be working fine (it might even be 90 days) so if its a problem, its not really the internet, Support could perhaps help out or maybe you have to upgrade? 

Hope that helps.

cheers,

mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark,

I know this has been a few months, but have you tried opening the programs without being connected to wifi? Yes, it says we have a 30 day offline grace period, but in my experience, that's a load of garbage. If you are starting the programs, they have to connect, or they won't start. If you have them open and lose wifi most of them will not crash on you...except Acrobat and it kicks me out almost every time. I called customer support because I was unable to connect to the programs without wifi, a hurricane knocked out our internet for almost a week, and after waiting for a supervisor to call me back I was told sorry, if it wants to connect (and it will every day, maybe multiple times a day, the rep shared) it has to connect. There is no way around it. There used to be a snooze type option, or at least a work around that allowed you to keep getting things done. But now, if the wifi is out you're packing up and heading to a coffee shop or library...wait those aren't allowing people to sit inside during COVID...so you just have to tell your client oops, get to you when I can, things aren't working today. 

If you've found a way around this please share. At present, if I didn't have accounts with files created in Adobe software I'd cancel in a heartbeat because this is utterly ridiculous.

Jessica 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello Jessica,

YES... my applications work just fine without internet all the time.

I just flew to NY and worked the entire way (5 hour flight from LA)

And I have done the same with numerous applications. Of course they check since Adobe is a business and don't want people pirating their software. And it also tries to connect since Adobe allows you to save projects to the cloud, and they link to tutorials, and they link to connect your libraries. 

I just recorded my screen and turned off WIFI and then opened up Photoshop... and it worked without any problem!
i was hoping to share it.... but I am only able to load a link.

but here is a screen shot from the video... you can see Photoshop is open.... and WIFI is NOT connected.

And how can you create all this cool stuff without Adobe??? They have amazing applications that work together and sync to the cloud! I love it!Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 12.40.22 PM.png

Hope that helps.

good luck,

mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I as well am experiencing same problem. I should be able to work without shutting my WIFI off ???? I need to check back and forth to specific emails to get information to enter into PDF forms etc. so need WIFI on. Would think I could open app or view saved documents without having to shut wifi on and off. I am confused as when I had Adobe prior to all this cloud storage I could use just fine on computer without all this hassle. You would think it would get simpliar not harder and I have worked on large government integrated systems, Lotus notes, word etc. etc. etc. Very confused and app keep lagging and is harder to set fonts and format pages then it was 10 years ago ?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too was told I could work offline with Adobe Acrobat and I cannot work offline ? Why do I have no control over an app that specifies I can do something BUT CANNOT. Is that not false advertising ????? I do not even have an option and trying to get some government documents signed 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly happens when you try to use Acrobat, if you signed on before when online and did not sign off?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning, no this is not what I meant. I was trying to simple edit a
PDF and work offline. I have to sign in every time I want to work on the
same document. The only reason I wanted or needed Adobe Acrobat was to edit
documents offline otherwise I may as well use Microsoft Edge or Google.
Very frustrated !!!

Sharon Fagerbakke

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes it should work just fine. I just disconnected my wifi and I was able to open up a PDF in acrobat no problem?

What is happening on your end?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem and no it is not Camera Raw or Photo with me it is simply working on a PDF. I am trying to fill a government document and attach a letter in PDF. Each time I need to edit or even simply view a PDF I have to sign in, so I had to set my default back to EDGE cannot use Adobe? What is the point of having when it said I could work offline ?????? NOT WORKING FOR ME !!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When is the last time you were online?

Depending on the plan you have, you can be offline for various lengths of time before the apps need to reconnect to revalidate your subscription status:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/internet-connection-creative-cloud-apps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Good day, I was on yesterday and I have the ADOBE ACROBAT which I read is
suppose to be available off line once you first start with PDF on-line.
This does not work for me at all as well I cannot even look at documents in
files with ADOBE as my default unless I sign into my account. So it has
come to my conclusion your products DO NOT work offline as I have to set
default to edge to even view my documents. But I have cancelled my
subscription as I have to many things on the go and your product is to
complicated to use as well as requires on-line services. Thank you for your
help but I needed your product now and it has not worked so no point trying
to utilize have to purchase MICROSOFT OFFICE. I greatly appreciate your
time and efforts. Regards

Sharon Fagerbakke

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines