How to deactivate a license on a dead computer?

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to deactivate one of my adobe CS5 licenses on a computer that has died. Adobe's troubleshooting leads down the path of contacting customer support but this is not possible through Adobe's website troubleshooting since that only leads you to using forums as a solution. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

LEGEND , Jan 27, 2016
Ned_Murphy LEGEND , Jan 27, 2016
You need to contact Customer Support thru chat and ONLY ask them to reset your activations.  Any other request is likely to lead them to turn you back to the forums.For the link below click the Still Need Help? option in the blue area at the bottom and choose the chat option...Make sure you are logged in to the Adobe site, have cookies enabled, clear your cookie cache.  If it fails to connect try using a different browser.Serial number and activation chat support (non-CC) https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?step=PHSP-PHXS_downloading-installing-setting-up_licensing-activation_stillNeedHelp

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to contact Customer Support thru chat and ONLY ask them to reset your activations.  Any other request is likely to lead them to turn you back to the forums.

For the link below click the Still Need Help? option in the blue area at the bottom and choose the chat option...
Make sure you are logged in to the Adobe site, have cookies enabled, clear your cookie cache.  If it fails to connect try using a different browser.

Serial number and activation chat support (non-CC)
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?step=PHSP-PHXS_downloading-installing-setting-up_licensing-acti...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, I was told to clear the cache.db, but I am still unable to install and activate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is a very old post but I just finished contacting support and the agent said that they could not or would not reset activations. I need to use Captivate 5.5 to migrate some very old projects to 2019 and HTML5. The software currently is activated on 2 dead computers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might be a change of policy - no reset activations - which wouldn't be good. Or it might be that the rep was confused. Try again and be sure to say "I would like an activation count reset" That's all. You'll be asked for a serial number, and might have to confirm details. Above all do NOT start with the product or version, because it gives them a chance to say it's unsupported. Tip: if you get a private reply, it's a spammer !

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines