• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get a serial number from Product Code (Adobe CS6 Student/Teacher Edition)

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In 2013 I bought a MacBook Pro from my University Store that came with pre-installed Adobe CS6. I also received an Adobe box with the discs for both Mac and PC installation. I never had to give a product code since it was already installed but just registered the products with an Adobe account. My MacBook that I originally purchased broke and I just purchased a new iMac that does not have a disc drive, I also read that I need to input this purchase code somewhere to get a serial number to install? How can I do this? It keeps referring me to verify a teacher/student status and asking for redemption codes not the *Product Code* that I have. Should I contact Adobe directly or is there a way to do this that I am not seeing?

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please contact customer care, since it cannot be solved in this user forum.

In any case, if your new Mac OS is 10.15, CS6 can no longer work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FCarmine215, please see https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/redemption-code-help.html for information on how to redeem a product code.  As part of this process, you were given a serial number, although I do not see any products registered under the e-mail address you used to post to this public discussion forum.  If you registered CS6 under a different account, then you can use the process listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/find-serial-number.html to locate your registered serial numbers.

If you never redeemed your product, then it is likely too late as we are no longer partnering with the company that provided serial numbers.  Current students can gain access to greatly discounted Creative Cloud membership.

Finally, FCarmine215, if you do have an educational license for CS6, then you will need to use the installation files that were provided with your purchase.  If the current computer does not have an optical drive, then use a computer that does to copy the installation files or purchase an external optical reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines