• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to sell CS5 Design Standard Upg? Hasn't been installed in many years.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know about the Transfer of License. I've already filled it out. I plan to sell on ebay. The procedure seems to indicate that the serial numbers need to be in my account, but I see nothing but my CC plan in my account. Can I safely sell the old software? I have idea if the software was ever registered.

Customer support has not been helpful at all.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you're unlikely to have much luck on eBay; it has a poor reputation – but if you wish to give or transfer it to someone you know, then it typically the software would need to be registered with Adobe first.

Also, don't forget than an upgrade by itself is of no value to a recipient without the existing product to upgrade from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. Is it possible to register the program without installing it? What do people do with old software like this, trash it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In theory, you should be able to register an old product like that just by entering your serial number online:

https://account.adobe.com/products

As for what to do with it, someone you know might be able to use it but would need a prior version to upgrade from (like you presumably had).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines