How to waive $90 cancellation fee??

Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I signed up for the $19.99 monthly Adobe creative cloud plan knowing I only needed it for 3 months for my class. Now, with the class having ended, I go to cancel it and it says I have to pay a $90 fee just to quit! This is outrageous and a truly morally bankrupt to screw customers over like this. Can anyone help me out? I'm a student, I don't have the money for this. I called customer service and utilized online chat with an Adobe employee and neither assisted me.

TOPICS
Billing, Creative Cloud

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017
when you click on that $19.99/mo purchase button you can see you're purchasing an annual plan.  if you want details, cilck the subscription and cancellation terms:and you'll see:

translate

Translate

Translate
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an open forum, not Adobe support, so nobody here can help you

When you buy an Education subscription, the terms you should have read before you "click to agree" say it is for one year

I have not read of Adobe not having someone pay the fee when they cancel early

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1662158

Funny, because a simple google search of "adobe creative cloud cancellation fee" yields over 4,000 results on forum.adobe.com with many forum posters receiving a waive of their fee.

I got my fee waived after calling customer service, so thanks for your completely nonexistence role in helping me solve this matter.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you at first chat with them?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2018 Aug 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't be like John.

John isn't helpful. John states the obvious.

Be less John.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

andrewt29602804  wrote

John isn't helpful. John states the obvious.

Yes! But the obvious has been asked.

Regards, Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I urge you take full advantage of the 60% student discount you're receiving and keep using the software for the remainder of your year.  After graduation, you won't be able to re-subscribe at the student discounted rate. 

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea, Adobe Product User & Community Professional
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy I don't need any Adobe programs. I will not waste money as they collect dust on my harddrive. I needed it for a class and used Adobe products approximately four times in the past 3 months.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what your field of study is but if you're thinking of working in the creative sector, look at the job postings on Behance.  It's fair to say that most employers want talented applicants who are experienced with Adobe products.  Experience comes from repeated use.

Good luck!

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when you click on that $19.99/mo purchase button you can see you're purchasing an annual plan.  if you want details, cilck the subscription and cancellation terms:

Screenshot - 11_24_2017 , 11_01_33 AM.png

and you'll see:

Screenshot - 11_24_2017 , 11_03_46 AM.png

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How else can one receive Adobe products though? There is no alternative. It was either that plan or nothing at all and I drop the class. Adobe is always bait & switching customers, conning them out of money they don't have. Justifying these means is grossly inappropriate, and I am one of MANY former customers to complain of this. MANY articles and videos have been posted about Adobe scamming people with their creative cloud contracts.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could also be argued the schools scam you with required courses you don't really need.  Or they steer you toward student loans that favor the school and not the student.  Oh and don't even get me started on text books for which you must pay even if the instructors decide not to use them.  By comparison, Adobe is generous to students.  And if you don't read the TERMS, who's fault is that?  Ignorance is not an excuse to weasel out of an agreement.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy,

No one reads the terms ever, it would be a tremendous waste of time to read through every contract. This needs to be stated very clearly that it's a part of their terms boldly. It's clearly a scam to try to get more money and it's ridiculous. Adobe is not an educational institution. It's scamming poor students out of money and they know it. 

Just because students get scammed by our current educational system doesn't make it fair that a company would then take advantage of that. 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you sign a contract, you are legally obligated to abide by the terms of the contract. Saying that "no one reads the terms ever" does not free you of those obligations. Adobe's subscription terms are clearly spelled out and they aren't hard to find, either, as @kglad's picture shows.

If you contact customer support and explain your financial situation to them, they may waive the fees. There is no guarantee that they will, but they do try to help people in a financial bind. Remember that thanks to the pandemic, Adobe is still somewhat short-staffed and the CSRs are under a lot of stress. Patience and politeness will go a long way towards helping you out. Also be prepared for a long wait. 

The only "scam" I see here is the school's requirement that you purchase a 1-year subscription for a 3-month-long class. 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could have purchased the month by month license. That is however $70 per month. 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"No one reads the terms ever, it would be a tremendous waste of time to read through every contract."

That may be true for you but that's not true for everyone.  You're either too reckless or naive to make informed decisions.  Next time ask your parent, teacher or guardian to help you. 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the (distant) future, perhaps it might be possible for your university to offer the Creative Cloud to students as part of their tuition & fees. This is what is done at the university I work at. The university as a whole subscribes to Creative Cloud and makes it available to every student and faculty. It can't hurt to bring it up to your professor who might be able to take it to someone who makes those kind of decisions!

Nancy is right when she says that by comparison, Adobe is generous to students. I learned the hard way myself that sometimes the small print really is important

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines