Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't use Adobe Portfolio, yet I do have an All Apps Creative Cloud License

Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

Every year I buy a new Creative Cloud license on a webshop I have acces to as academic staff. It's a good deal for a year license to all apps Creative Cloud has to offer and it is only open for employee's of universities and other forms of higher education. Therefor I don't have any active subscription with Adobe and so far I never run into problems. I thought I had all the same acces to features as a normal subscription offers.

I discoverd Adobe Portfolio about 2 months ago (it would not suprise me if it was exactly 60 days ago) . I loved it and I have created a whole personal website on it and was planning on using it for the coming couple of years. As far as I thought, it was all included in my license and as long as I had acces to all the apps I have Adobe Portfolio. I don't recall starting a trial and I read that it was included in the subscription so I thought all was well.

I was really busy the last 2 weeks and only just yet I noticed I had 2 mails from Adobe informing me that my free trial on Adobe Portfolio was about to end... Actually, it ended yesterday and my site is now offline 😞

When I try to publish my site again on Adobe Portfolio, it keeps telling me to buy an Creative Cloud subscription. But I already have a license, so I don't want to. Doesn't my yearly license purchache  supply acces to Adobe Portfolio? I conctacted Adobe Support chat, but after some time they send me to this forum. But it even says on my account:

Creative Cloud All Apps
Annual plan, paid monthly
Redemption code
Expires on Jul 6, 2021.

So it really seems like I do have a subscriptions, it just paid for by a redemption code.

So, now I got basically 2 questions:

1. Doesn't my yearly license purchache supply acces to Adobe Portfolio?

2. And if it doesn't, how do I get acces to Adobe Portfolio? I'm willing to pay for a subscription to Adobe Portfolio, but aparently that's not a thing. I see I do get acces to Adobe Portfolio by having a subscription to one of Adobe's apps, so I guess I can get an InCopy license for €6,04/month as the cheapest way to get acces to it? Still feels a bit as a ripoff, since I already have InCopy and I don't use it. Does anyone else have better ideas?

Thanks for your time!

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Adobe Customer Care doesn't know anything about Portfolio / Behance or Spark.  Submit a Help Request directly to the Portfolio Team below.  Maybe they can sort this out for you.

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=177168

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote:

Every year I buy a new Creative Cloud license on a webshop I have acces to as academic staff.

End Quote:

I think you answered your own question. One Year License through a WebShop to Academic Staff.

You really haven't bought, Subscribed to, anything from Adobe Directly. So that might Exclude the use of the Portfolio system.

Talk to your schools, Academic Institution, Adobe IT department for further details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, good idea! I just checked out the webstore and the licence I bought does also include Portfolio it says. So I guess I should have access to Portfolio than, but it isn't working. Were can I get help for that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you might have to use whatever Login ID you use to access the programs for the Portfolio site.

But if that ID is tied to your Academic institution then whatever you do on the portfolio site might belong to them and Not YOU. Be very careful with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I use a private gmail adress that is only used for my YouTube Channel and Adobe, so all is well. It is a completely personal account, I just buy the license on that webshop and enter the license code every year.

I also use that same gmail adress for my portfolio site though, so that's not the solution. But I've send a message to the portfolio helpteam self using their support page, hopefully they can help (although they won't respond before monday)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Log into the main Adobe website, adobe.com, Sign in if needed with the email address and password you used to register the license and check your account status.

As fa as I can tell you shouldn't be having this problem. But there has been some posts recently on problems with Academic, School, Accounts. If that license is tied to a school system in some way that might be part or all of the problem.

You can also open, Launch, the Portfolio website system from your account. Try it from there. Or even though you Think you use the same Gmail address and password you used to extend your Adobe license you somehow typed something wrong.

If your account is having any problems then you need to contact Adobe directly.

Contact Adobe Chat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe Customer Care doesn't know anything about Portfolio / Behance or Spark.  Submit a Help Request directly to the Portfolio Team below.  Maybe they can sort this out for you.

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=177168

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines