• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm not after Photoshop for free, but..

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had an annual subscription to the photography plan for 4 years but since leaving university I don't use it anywhere near as often. I'm finding it hard to justify the price of an annual subscription when I only need to use Photoshop for a couple of days at a time just a few times a year. I would happily pay for a month's use if  Adobe offered a pay-as-you-go option/service but sadly they don't. However, if I subscribe to the pay monthly annual plan and use the software for a week, and then cancel before 14 days has elapsed, then I pay nothing. This begs the question, what is to stop me/anyone from subscribing and then canceling repeatedly and never having to pay?

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

1. Photoshop does, in fact, have a plan where you can purchase it for a month at a time. It is the third option from the payment drop-down. 

photoshop monthly.png

2. The Photography plan, which is Photoshop, Lightroom, and Lightroom Classic, is only available with a year-long subscription. If you use those three applications across 4 or more months in a year, it is actually cheaper to purchase this plan on the annual subscription instead of just Photoshop 4 times on the monthly plan, even if you use it rarely. 

3. A

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Photoshop Elements http://www.adobe.com/products/elements-family.html is a one time fee

If you purchase via download be sure to copy the install file(s) and a text file with your serial number to an external backup device

A flash drive, an external hard drive, or write to a disc

I use a Sata docking station for backups
https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-External-docking-station-drives/dp/B00U8KSLA8/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Photoshop does, in fact, have a plan where you can purchase it for a month at a time. It is the third option from the payment drop-down. 

photoshop monthly.png

2. The Photography plan, which is Photoshop, Lightroom, and Lightroom Classic, is only available with a year-long subscription. If you use those three applications across 4 or more months in a year, it is actually cheaper to purchase this plan on the annual subscription instead of just Photoshop 4 times on the monthly plan, even if you use it rarely. 

3. Adobe's billing software is built to notice when someone tries to defraud them, which is the term for what you are proposing. More than likely they'd just prevent you from signing up again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I really appreciate your reply, and thanks for directing me to that monthly plan. They're charging us slightly more for it in the UK ($41.57).

Adobe_screenshot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. Yes, prices do differ across countries. Probably keeps the accountants busy. 😉

Speaking of, you might want to run the numbers on paying for it by the month versus the subscription. It really might be cheaper to get it for the whole year, and that way you only have to worry about whether you want to cancel it once a year rather than every month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an aside: £25.28 is more like $35.  In the UK prices are quoted with tax, while in the US they are quoted without tax (and it is silently added at the checkout).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks @Test Screen Name and @LinSims, your info and support is much appreciated. Take care x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a pay as you go plan (that is, cancel any time without penalty, but you still have to cancel). It's $30/month. The $10/month package is an amazing bargain, but maybe Photoshop Elements would suit you better.

I don't think any of us know what kind of checking or action Adobe take about constant gaming their cancellation system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements http://www.adobe.com/products/elements-family.html is a one time fee

If you purchase via download be sure to copy the install file(s) and a text file with your serial number to an external backup device

A flash drive, an external hard drive, or write to a disc

I use a Sata docking station for backups
https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-External-docking-station-drives/dp/B00U8KSLA8/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines