i need someone to explain this [How does the early cancellation fee work?]

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so adobe says when you are subscribed to the annual plan monthly paid and you cancel your subscribtion:

You can cancel your subscription anytime via your Adobe Account page or by contacting Customer Support*. If you cancel within 14 days of your initial order, you’ll be fully refunded. Should you cancel after 14 days, you’ll be charged a lump sum amount of 50% of your remaining contract obligation and your service will continue until the end of that month’s billing period.

does this mean i will pay 50% of the remaining month or 50% of the whole year that i wont be using the app in

( i mean like what if i bought the app for 1 month then canceled after i finished the month does that mean i will pay 50% of the next 11 months ? )

TOPICS
New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you pay 1/2 of the balance of your contract https://www.adobe.com/legal/subscription-terms.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>>does this mean i will pay 50% of the remaining month or 50% of the whole year that i wont be using the app 

If you subscribe to an annual plan then you'll be charged 50% of whatever is remaining on your plan.

Basically, you've promised Adobe 12 month's income so you get a low monthly rate. When you cancel early, you pay half of what is left and Adobe loses the other half.

>>>( i mean like what if i bought the app for 1 month then canceled after i finished the month does that mean i will pay 50% of the next 11 months ? )

Correct, on an annual plan.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

50% of the remaining year of service.  

So if you have 10 months remaining at $53/month x 50% = $265 in early termination fees.

In some cases you may find it better to get the pricier Month-to-Month plan which costs $80/month instead of $53. But you can cancel anytime without penalty fees. 

===============
How do I Cancel my Subscription?
https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html

Subscription & Cancellation Terms:
https://www.adobe.com/legal/subscription-terms.html

You have choices so choose wisely.

Nancy O'Shea, Adobe Product User & Community Professional
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines