• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I tried to cancel my trial a few months back and I thought it did and now I'm billed 92.20 EUR

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I atually posted this in another thread but I think this would be the most appropriate so I will just paste what I have previously written:

So a few months back I needed to convert a .pdf file to a word file so I signed up for the free trial of Adobe Creative Cloud specifically for Adobe Acrobat Pro. I have literally only converted 1 or 2 files and I made sure I cancelled within the first 7 days so I do not get billed extra charges (I do this whenever I get a free trial so I do not have to pay extra). When I cancelled, I got a technical error (I'm not sure specifically what the error said but I got it) and I tried re-cancelling it over and over again and still got the same error. I assumed that because I presed cancel repeatedly that I may have crashed it but since it wouldn't let me re-canel it I thought it was cancelled so I thought I was fine. Despite doing this, for some reason I didn't get notified.

A few months later I realized that I was checking my bank account and seen that Adobe has billed me a monthly fee since my free trial. It turns out I was signed up for an annual subscription against my will even though I tried to cancel my free trial. Now, I didn't mind wasting 18.44 EUR for the last two months (that was around 36.88 EUROS in total). But when I tried to cancel it, it asked me that since I made an early cancellation of the annual payment plan which I voluntary didn't sign up for that I had to pay 92.20 EUR, for a subscription I didn't even want to begin with. I spoke to customer service support and the case number is shown below:

Case number: ADB-11661850-B0P4

The man told me that unfortunately I was signed up for annual plan and that there was pretty much nothing I can do. I explained to customer support that this was not a fault of my own but a technical issue on Adobe's part when I did try to cancel. It is EXTREMELY UNFAIR that I have to pay this much to cancel. It's as if this was a way to get people to pay for the trial. I repeat this is not an error on my part as I repeatedly tried to cancel the subscription after converting 1-2 pdf files to word files. As opposed to ensuring that I get refunded the money I paid  which is 36.86 EUROS and cancel the annual plan as I did not want to pay 92.20 EUROS for something that was completely Adobe's fault,  the customer support suggested that he cant fix it but he can just give me 3 months free of charge but eitherway I will still have to pay around roughly the same amount but around the 100 euro mark. I do not want to pay that much for something I just used once or twice. I love adobe products and services but this feels like a robbery and now I have received a charge of 92.20 EUROS.

Adobe please refund me. This is not my fault that your system was faulty when I tried to cancel trial. To prove I am not insane or just another person who is not knowledgeable in tech or customer service, it seems that this is a common issue as can be seen below so I know that I am not insane:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/i-tried-to-cancel-my-free-trial-adobe-didn-t-let-me-now-i-m-bei...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-do-you-cancel-a-quot-free-trial-quot-account/td-p/1031309...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/please-cancel-my-free-trial-subscription/td-p/10413645?pa...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/free-trial-cancellation-still-charged/td-p/9749866?page=1

Adobe PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE, I feel that this is a recurring issue. I have seen Tweets from people expressing how it was impossible to cancel your free trials and I think this was what happened to me earlier on. It is unfair on your users to go through this trouble and PLEASE REFUND me. I have just received the 92.20 cancellation charge but I shouldn't have to go through this issue. I am a student and having to pay these charges unknowingly because your  technical staff has failed us.

TOPICS
Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've seen other posts about this, you must have seen the responses that no one here can help you with this issue. We're users, just like you are. The only thing I can suggest is that you get back in touch with customer support and demand that you talk to a supervisor. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines