• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is digital-software.tech a legit reseller?

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They claim to resell Photoshop CS6 for $28.99, which seems WAY too good to be true, so I just wanted to double check here.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

There are NO Legitimate sellers of CS6 any more. The only thing Adobe allow to be sold is Creative Cloud. 

Fakers and pirates offer at all prices and try anything to look convincing. Their fake products sometimes look official but include malware...

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are NO Legitimate sellers of CS6 any more. The only thing Adobe allow to be sold is Creative Cloud. 

Fakers and pirates offer at all prices and try anything to look convincing. Their fake products sometimes look official but include malware...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Test_Screen_Name said above, beware.

CS6 is end-of-life and was discontinued by Adobe three years ago, and is no longer legally made or sold.

In general, trying to find/buy software like that from websites you've never heard of (or from random sellers on eBay) is fraught with risk.

Here, as in other aspects of life, if something sounds too good to be true, well... 

So kudos to you for double-checking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for letting me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 was the last version that was physically available.
So what if a store still has a bunch of unsold boxes on the shelf?
Aren't they allowed to sell these anymore?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If a store actually did have unsold, unopened boxes of CS6 it would be legal to sell and to use. However... it's what - five years - since any store was actually supplied with CS6. So - in a world where there is new software every year or so - you have to wonder what kind of store would have boxes of CS6 left. There were (and are) very convincing fakes, in printed boxes, shrink wrapped, even with holograms. I looked into a shop which sounded very convincing about having a few copies but research showed it had sold large number of these "last few" and would supply an unlimited quantity if ordered. So, let the buyer beware, and not be surprised if it suddenly stops working. (Even if CS6 will run on your computer; couldn't run it for sure on any new Mac).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, dang it. I wish I saw this sooner cuz I'm the unlucky dumb@$$ that bought 2 products from their website. I thought I did a legitimate buy and tried to install both. The Adobe Photoshop cs6 worked but the After Effects didn't work. They told me I'd get a full refund for the After Effects and sent me an image stating my money has been refunded but I checked my bank statements and NO REFUND. I did get a statement of an ATM WITHDRAWAL of $0.59 from my card though. S***......I've been bamboozled. 

Edit: They replied to my email (whew! that's good! hahah!) and said it will take 5-10 days. I'll make an update on this after 10 days. Or is it 10 business days??

Edit: They gave me back my money. It didn't take long. In fact, it was just yesterday. But still though, knowing that Adobe Photoshop CS6 has been discontinued 3 years ago makes me feel stupid not knowing it now. Was it a legitimate buy for 30 bucks? Nope. I guess not. Is it worth now owning the app? Yes but I feel guilty and gullible. I should've gone to the actual website, Adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines