• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it ment to be hard for us with old licences?

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I own a Lightroom 6 license and have an 6.14 installler. Usually I work on my big desktop machine but as I'm going for a trip I would like to install it on a laptop. Checked yesterday about the program on two machines and got a very clear answer in the Adobe knowledge base. I CAN install it on TWO machines but I CANNOT run the program on both simulanously. Perfectly fine with me.

But the installation procedure is smoething else. First pop-up of 2 step verification where I couldn't choose 'Not now' as that link was dead. Then hustling about that the licence was ACTIVATED on another machine and it complains at start-up but somehow it seems like it work anyway. Just confusing and I don't even know if it work on the laptop for more than 30 days. 

The information I read yesterday JUST mentioned that I could't run two sessions simoultanesly NOT that I had to inactivate the other machine from some Adobe account.

As a user of your most wonderful programs since early 90'ties I find it VERY strange that you can't come up with a straight forward installer? I'm not a Cloud customer, as you would like me to be, but love to use my stand-alone versions. I can't help feeling like this should be very hard and confusing, even with this quite simple two machine usage. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please see response on the other thread you created about this issue here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/licensing/confirmation-of-mobilenum-at-installation-is-an-insult/m-p/...

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines