Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Java Licenses

New Here ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

does anyone know how Adobe is handling the Oracle Licensing isuse? Does new Adobe software licenses, which require a newer verison of Java, include the license fee for Java? Or will we need to license the Java support on our own?

Any idea?

TOPICS
Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t think Adobe distribute Java so the license agreement is direct betwern Oracle and you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think my question was misleading. The point is: some Adobe Software requires Java runtime versions to be able to work. The question is: does Adobe take care on the licensing costs for using Java in their products so the customer of Adobe products is able to get free updates on Java runtime versions in case of any security issues? Or does Adobe deliver its applications just with a hint Java is needed and the customer has to take care on his own how to get Java installed and paid to Oracle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no knowledge, I'd say the second. Java was considered a crucial system component, and just expected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Speaking of hinting... I am not aware of any current client apps which you could mean. Do Adobe have any CURRENT apps whose system requirements include a system which does not include Java?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the latest Adobe Animate and Adobe Capative do have Java bundled with Adobe products. after installation like below

Adobe Animate - Java 11 bundled.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines