• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Just wondered why student licences are only available at 13..

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2017 Jul 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My daughter has been using Photoshop Elements then for the last year PSCC. She is nowhere near 13 but wants to start using other apps but we cannot sign up as she is too young.

Any Ideas why the eligibility is set so high?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

This is essentially related to the Federal Children's Online Privacy Protection Rule: Children’s Online Privacy Protection Rule: A Six-Step Compliance Plan for Your Business | Federal Trade Commission

Peddling software or a process which may require personalized information from a person younger than 13 is not OK under the law.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is essentially related to the Federal Children's Online Privacy Protection Rule: Children’s Online Privacy Protection Rule: A Six-Step Compliance Plan for Your Business | Federal Tr...

Peddling software or a process which may require personalized information from a person younger than 13 is not OK under the law.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

I understand now why

Shame there isn't a way where the parents can sign up for it on their behalf. However the law is the law!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted the sales line on this same issue.  Other than having a very rude person tell me she is too young for the Student discount he said she would be fine with the full price product.  My daughter is 11.  So I do not understand this.  I don't want to pay full price just so a kid could learn a product and potentially be a life long user.  She is using all these free apps and I would rather her learn on something she could eventually use as for a job.  Do you serously not have an option other than full price?  This is a very frustrating position to take when so many kids could be learning and setting the tool they will use in the future.  I would think you could solve this problem a much better way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your school needs to get a K-12 Enteprise plan for students and teachers to use.  Parents give written consent to the school who administers access to Creative Cloud software and services.  Certain restrictions apply.  For example, K-12 plans exclude access to Portfolio/Behance and Adobe Stock image websites because they don't meet COPPA laws. 

Meanwhile, there's nothing preventing you from being a subscriber and allowing your child to sit at your computer if that's what you want to do.  A Photography Plan is a deeply discounted bundle for $10/month that includes the latest versions of these great products & services:
-- Photoshop CC and Photoshop on iPad
-- Lightroom on desktop, mobile and the web
-- Lightroom Classic
-- Portfolio/Behance website (omitted from K-12 plans)
-- Spark with premium features
-- Bridge
-- 20 GB cloud storage (upgradable to 1 TB).
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines