• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Kept my CC subscription - Now Mac is telling me my Creative suite CS6 will expire

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I was going to cancel my Adobe creative cloud subscription and changed my mind at the last minute when they offered me a good deal.
When I went back to my computer to work the creative cloud apps work fine, but I still use creative suite CS6 apps as well.
This is because certain customers demand that I work in these programs.
Now when I start some of those programs I get a message that says my subscription will expire in so many days.
This message comes up in an application called creative cloud but it is not the creative cloud as most people know it.
It is some really old application that I've never seen because I use this one time purchase product that had nothing to do with a subscription.
I am very concerned that this software will stop working as the message tells me it will be cancelled and so many days.
I have customers that I need to use this for!
Help Please.

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Thanks for info.

In my case I was able to use both CS6 and CC apps for years without CS6 apps being recoginized by CC and put in the list of my apps. When I accepted the "deal" Adobe told me they would cancel my account and start a new one for the new price. My guess this activated the whole thing. Hope this helps anyone who experiences the same thing. 

I have another question. How do you close a conversation that you have opened here?

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe stopped offering CS6 with any subscriptions about a year ago... so any subscription update will cancel CS6

If you have CS6 due to a purchase, with a serial number, read below

As soon as you install any part of the Cloud, even a trial, it replaces your program management system
-if you plan to keep using CS6 (or earlier) you should NOT install a Cloud program, not even a trial
-Read Cloud takes over https://community.adobe.com/t5/Get-Started/Get-off-the-cloud/td-p/8075485 for some ideas

Also, you should never update your Mac... new operating systems will not allow CS6 to run

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but as I mentioned I have been using both for a long time.

This only happened when I got the "deal".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>using both for a long time... happened when I got the "deal"

And as I said the ONLY way to continue using CS6 is if you purchased the serial number... any new 'deal' is going to cancel using CS6 without a serial number

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course I have a serial number. Have been using their software since the 1990s.
When I talked to Adobe on the phone they told me an Adobe tech would respond in this forum.
Is this true?

Gord Carruthers
Phone: REMOVED

Beware of answering anyone who sends you a private message
-click for more information about scammers https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go back and click the link I provided about the cloud taking over

No, Adobe is not going to reply in this message... CS6 is end of life and no longer supported

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for info.

In my case I was able to use both CS6 and CC apps for years without CS6 apps being recoginized by CC and put in the list of my apps. When I accepted the "deal" Adobe told me they would cancel my account and start a new one for the new price. My guess this activated the whole thing. Hope this helps anyone who experiences the same thing. 

I have another question. How do you close a conversation that you have opened here?

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Cashew,

I have been using both for years and I have a serial number just like you.  I am running in Windows and it has all just stopped working.  It worked earlier in the year and now nothing works, but I am still paying the monthly fee.  I did not do any "Deal".

So what was the answer here?  Have you gotten both to work again?  How did you do that?  This is so frustrating.  I also have older software and hardware that I still need to use, for example converting some HI8 video tapes and also large format scans, so I need CS6 and Creative Cloud was a bonus once I get the information into a format that I could use.  I totally understand your delema of a customer demand of a specific version.

Any advice or words of wisdom?

Thanks,

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>How do you close a conversation that you have opened here?

You don't, you just stop making replies

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines