• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest Phishing Scam

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beware: I got a weird email stating I had not logged in in 60 days and that my account will be shutdown. The email address it came from was mail@mail.adobe.com. It’s a phishing scam but I wanted to send to let everyone know and let the adobe security team know about it too as the email address it’s coming from and the message itself is very deceptive and looks very real. 

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pinging mail.adobe.com returns 192.150.14.154 as the IP address.

2020-09-20 10_40_32-Inbox - Gmail Edc45 - Mozilla Thunderbird.png

Using ARIN for look up of 192.150.14.154 returns Adobe Systems.

2020-09-20 10_36_58-.png

So Not a Phishing Scam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm The email looked odd in the my email list (formatting wise) plus I have been logging in and out all year. Strange if it was Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you have more than one account -- a paid plan and a free plan, or a personal plan & school/work plan.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't tell anything about the authenticity of an email from the address or a ping. Any scammer knows to fill in a convincing email address. Nothing stops faking. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when I did a Ping of the mail.adobe.com URL and the ping came back with that IP address and then using that IP address checked WHO it was Registered to and that came back as Adobne Systems Inc. A Scammer could register that corporate name and Address, that if completely Correct, with the American Registry for Internet Numbers and get a Direct Allocation for that Block of IP addresses.

I don't think so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"So when I did a Ping of the mail.adobe.com URL ..." I think you are overthinking this. Since a scammer can use ANY sending email they like, they can send email from official@mail.adobe.com, or trustme@authentic.adobe.com or anyone else. Pinging is interestin, but says nothing about the authenticity of the email.

Also, technically, mail from a domain or subdomain has no connection to a web host by that name, except the same ownership. There is no requirement that it come from, or come through, the host and in a big company it certainly won't. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you suspect a physhing scheme, submit it to Adobe.

p h i s h i n g @ a d o b e . c o m

=============
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away!
=============
3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff
https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines