• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Legally purchased CS6 Design Standard - Revoked License

Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a new CS6 Design Standard and it worked before flawless without any problem. But now I got an error message...
My valid serial number has been rewoked.
I paid for it a lot and now I can't use my legal software.
I've got the bill, the serial. What else do I need?
Can somebody help what to do with this?

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

LEGEND , Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

eBay is not a safe way to buy software. A year ago nobody had the right to sell new copies of CS and there was no legitimate stock, so you’ve been sold a fake. Adobe catch up with fake sellers eventually, so unfortunately you are now the victim of the seller. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Sellers have a way of sounding convincing. This happens all the time. One thing that happens is that sellers get hold of private company serial numbers, specially for use inside a big company, and then "split" them, selling single copies. It can take a long time for Adobe to find out, often it happens only when someone comes to Adobe for help. Then, because Adobe know there are a lot of numbers being used outside the license, probably without paying Adobe, then can catch up and block them. I hav

Votes

Translate

Translate
Deleted User

More than likely you where sold what's called a volume licence which is illegal for resellers to sell, Adobe eventually catch up with the licence keys and revoke them, they will activate but if you had tried to register the software with your Adobe account you would not have been able to as far as I'm aware

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you purchased direct from Adobe, I’m sure they will sort it out. Otherwise, contact the seller. Warning, scammers may contact you privately pretending to be Adobe staff. Adobe will never send you a private message asking you to email an account that isn't @adobe.com, or use Skype. Adobe never ask you for their password. These scammers want your Adobe info, credit cards, your money and control of your computer, please take care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Did you purchase it directly from Adobe and register it with your Adobe ID, if not take a look here

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/global/invalid-revoked-serial-numbers.html

Either way you'll need to contact Adobe Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Purchased from Ebay over a year ago. I' ve got the valid paypal transaction, the sellers email, including serials etc... 
I wanted to contact to Adobe but I can't. Customercare page is unusable. They want me to buy the software again. This is not correct. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

eBay is not a safe way to buy software. A year ago nobody had the right to sell new copies of CS and there was no legitimate stock, so you’ve been sold a fake. Adobe catch up with fake sellers eventually, so unfortunately you are now the victim of the seller. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn,,,
Thank You for Your answer!
well I'm not very happy right now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the original message from seller. That's why I decided to buy:

Thank you for your purchase. Remember, sale is for licence key only as mentioned in description. Hence it will be sent by message, and nothing will be posted.

Please download Design Standard CS6 for Mac (English version) from:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/cs6-product-downloads.html

Activation key: ********************* 

Activation: Please create a free Adobe ID account if you do not have one already. During installation, sign in to your Adobe ID on the software itself - it will ask you to sign in on software. Then it will ask for licence key. Enter the licence key, and it will then activate the key.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more thing.

Not safe, ok.
But I activated the purchased software (adobe.com) and worked until today...
That's strange for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sellers have a way of sounding convincing. This happens all the time. One thing that happens is that sellers get hold of private company serial numbers, specially for use inside a big company, and then "split" them, selling single copies. It can take a long time for Adobe to find out, often it happens only when someone comes to Adobe for help. Then, because Adobe know there are a lot of numbers being used outside the license, probably without paying Adobe, then can catch up and block them. I have no inside knowledge of the tricks used, and I'm sure there are many others. One thing, though is sure: Adobe stopped selling CS6 many years ago, and nobody had the right to continue selling it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, one more thing, someone "from Adobe" may contact you now. That will be a scammer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More than likely you where sold what's called a volume licence which is illegal for resellers to sell, Adobe eventually catch up with the licence keys and revoke them, they will activate but if you had tried to register the software with your Adobe account you would not have been able to as far as I'm aware

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A legitimate seller would have sought Adobe's permission to transfer the license ownership to you.  The seller didn't do that so you don't even own a license to use the software. 

Never, ever buy software on eBay or any other auction site.  Pirated software frequently contains malware.   The risks to you, your identity and your computer are not worth it.  Next time, buy directly from Adobe or don't buy it.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines