Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[LOCKED] Criminal practices

May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i canceled a automatically prolongued (without my conscent) subscription.
So it tells me that i have to pay for the rest of the year cause it was a year subscription.
So Adobe is officially into crime now ?

Cause in the country where i live this is forbidden, it's against the law.
I will take Adobe to court if they persist in their claim.

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is for sure not criminal intend from Adobe. Please be careful how you word your complains.

The best way to solve the issue is to contact Adobe support and to explain, without insulting, the situation. They will help you!

Adobe customer care can be contacted here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html - click the small callout at the lower right of the screen and type "agent".

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The software is more often broken then working since CC.
I registered for a month to month subscription, and it get's renewed with a yearly subscription.

And one can only be insulted if one cares to deeply about how things are being said.
I strongly think that they do this stuff on purpose, that's what large companies do, they're unscrupulous.

It's the second time they have the nerve to do this, the entire internet is full of examples that they keep doing this to practically every subscriber.
How is that not malicious ?

EDIT: Anyway, i took your advice and contacted Customer Care, the guy i spoke to was very helpful and canceled the subscription and said the fee will be remit in 5~7 days.
I had this once earlier, and i had to contact them again, but we'll see if they do what is being said.
If it works out, i will definitely come back and say that they fixed it.

But they need to stop changing monthly plans into yearly plans afte the first year.
Not that that will be a problem for me anymore, cause i can't work with a app that needs to be connected to their service for me to work with their software, especially if that software is offline half of the time with no way of logging in.

My work schedule doesn't allow for this buggy nonsense, so i switched to the competition, Affinity Photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"the entire internet is full of examples that they keep doing this to practically every subscriber."

Adobe is a publicly traded company with 15 million subscribers.  Even if your grossly exaggerated, patently false statement were remotely true, Adobe wouldn't be in business very long, would they?

Everything you see on the Internet is not necessarily true 😉 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right you are, i wasn't speaking literally, should i have added that for clarity miss punctual ?

But the fact that it is on the internet atleast for thousands of times says more then enough doesn't it ?? I understand the fangirl approach if you get paid by Adobe, but it paints the wrong picture here. Cause i have been shoehorned into a yearly subscription when i started out with a monthly one, sure, i didn't read my renewal email thouroughly, my fault, but this stuff should not be common practice for a renown company like Adobe. And the software is very buggy, so i actually should get a refund for atleast a month of the 15 months i had it.

Really, nothing you say can make good on that.
Atleast the people at the helpdesk are good people and they do help you in getting rid of that ridiculous canceling fee.
Cause let's be honest, with 15 million monthly subscribers why do you need to use practices like this ?

And make no mistake miss, Adobe PS is probably going to be surpassed in the near future by Affinity, it has always been the best software, but Affinity is catching up fast, and even better in some aspects these days.
Since it's a one time purchase and no couple of hundred dollars a year, it will be the end of Photoshop.
Sure, Adobe will survive with other software, but PS's reign is coming to an end soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not an Adobe employee.  I'm a long-time product user and forum volunteer.  Unless you see an Adobe Staff badge, nobody in this user-to-user forum is employed by Adobe.

Fellow product users cannot help you with account & billing matters.  If you need further assistance, please contact Adobe Customer Care directly.

Goodbye & good luck!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines