• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Locked] ridiculously terrible service

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had Adobe for about a month. A Month. And I didn't use it as often as I thought I would so I cancelled my service. Little did I know about the ridiculous cancellation fee that Adobe forces on their customers so they're forced to stay and continue to pay for the services. When I realized this, as the poor college student that I am, I tried contacting their chat support on two occasions to restart the service, as I was more willing to pay the smaller monthly fee than the $80 fee that I couldn't afford. Their chat agents were absolutely useless, they couldn't help me with either getting a refund of helping me restart my membership. They insisted on me restarting my membership through a different account, which I would have to still pay the activation fee for that, so I can get my refund. Their agents told me different information, and failed to honor their word at all. And to top it all off, they forced the cancellation fee on another card on my paypal account, overdrawing me. I've never dealt with a [profanity removed], poorly managed company such as this one. I will never be using their products again, it's not worth it to deal with such an awful  company that doesn't understand the concept of customer service. Really Basic Customer Service. I wasn't asking for anything difficult, but to continue my membership, and they couldn't even do this one small thing. It shouldn't be that hard, and they should really teach their agents about actually trying to help the client instead of repeating the same spiel over and over again without any answers. Don't Let Yourself Get Scammed!

[Moved out of the Forum Comments forum [which is for issues dealing with these forums themselves) and into a more appropriate forum - moderator]

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Hi carolinaa87765260,

The CC is now canceled. We are sorry for your experience. Please let me know about any further assistance by Personal message.

Regards

Rajashree

Follow us at @Adobe_Care

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you did not read your Terms of Service Agreement.   If you had, you would not be here.

Legal subscription terms | Adobe

Students are not exempt from reading the terms of their contracts anymore than adults are.  So while I understand your frustration at not being able to do whatever you want without incurring a penalty, I'm afraid there's nothing anybody here can do about it.  Chalk this up as a valuable life lesson learned.  Next time read the Terms before you agree to them.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the point you're trying to make Nancy but Adobe's terms are a disgrace, and plenty of "Adults" would likely miss that also.  They are clearly taking advantage of customers.  Terms SHOULD be reasonable and justifiable.  You tell me how do you justify a cancellation fee of hundreds of dollars?  Why is Adobe losing money on the transaction if we simply stop paying for a license for their software?

And why is it reasonable that they can auto renew a 1 year subscription and change their price without your consent once you've signed up?  These are terrible business practices!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had absolutely no trouble understanding the terms of service.  And I'm no genius.  

• You pay more per month for a month-to-month agreement but there is no penalty for cancelling anytime you want.
  • Or, you pay less per month for a 1 year contact and your monthly rate stays the same for the year but there is a 50% penalty if you cancel early.

That seems very simple to me.   But maybe that's because I've been dealing with contracts for student loans, cable &  Direct  TV, cell phones, credit cards, mortgages and leased automobiles for a very long time.  And believe me, in contrast to Adobe's terms those other guys have very steep penalties and way more complicated fine print.

The way I see it, Adobe is not the bad guy here.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But even when I decided to continue my services they couldn't even accommodate to do that. They were forcing me to pay extra even when I wanted to continue my membership. While their services are worthwhile for some people, they weren't for me, it's a terrible that a company of this caliber has to treat customers the way they do. I came out of this situation with lost money and no membership because they couldn't make any kind of effort to help me. And forcing a penalty on customers on who can't afford the services anymore is disgusting. So you, NANCY, can save your unwanted life lesson crap and shove it. And stop marking your own comments as "helpful" because they're not, they're condescending, and clearly you're just as ethically bankrupt as Adobe is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What an absolutely adobe-like answer.  It's your fault for not reading the contract that nobody reads.  
[abuse removed by mod]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi carolinaa87765260,

The CC is now canceled. We are sorry for your experience. Please let me know about any further assistance by Personal message.

Regards

Rajashree

Follow us at @Adobe_Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines