• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[LOCKED: Threats of piracy and abuse] Adobes a scam , charged me 60$ to cancel from a “free month”

Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was offered a free month , before the 30 days I was going to cancel and then I was offered 2 more free months , now I'm locked in contract for 9 more months , this is robbery , theft and a scam at most . Hopefully a class action brings you to justice !!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being offered a free month does NOT remove your requirement to CANCEL the subscription

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course. I did cancel the subscription after my "free" trial, for no less than $60 to do so. Scam. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read the agreement before you committed to it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so you're telling me you read all your TOS or are you standing up for this scamdobe 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you got the "free month" as an incentive to sign up for a year's subscription. That's not a scam, it's an introductory offer. I expect the additional 2 "free months" was the standard customer retention offer.

By agreeing to the initial offer and the subsequent one, you agreed to a year's subscription. Adobe spells out the subscription terms and the cancellation fee here: https://www.adobe.com/legal/subscription-terms.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so you're all backing up the fact I got robbed by this trash company , the customer service for Adobe are so unprofessional they spell like they can't even speak proper English , and FYI to Adobe , I just torrented your garbage Adobe photoshop ,  you guys . I'll be sure to share your trash products on USB stick 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're backing up that the terms of the subscription were clearly spelled out and that, yes, it is up to you to read them. It is well established in the US that if you agree to the terms of a contract, you are responsible for complying and that ignorance of the terms is not an excuse not to comply. 

If you had contacted Adobe Customer Service and asked for help and been polite, they might have been willing to work something out for you. Now I get to report you for threats of piracy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kristian,

Chalk this up to experience and get over it.

You cannot possibly make informed decisions if you don't read & understand the terms you're agreeing to.  If reading terms is outside your skill set or you can't be bothered then I strongly suggest you ask a parent, teacher or guardian to help you. 

Ignorance is no excuse for weaseling out of a contractual obligation. And announcing in a public forum that you've knowingly contributed to software piracy demonstrates just how freaking dangerous you are to yourself.  I hope for you and your family's sake that this doesn't escalate into criminal action against you.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines