• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mystery trial mobile apps

Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen several similar questions on this website but none of them had a satisfying definitive answer. And as the Adobe chat was not helpful at all, I'll pose my question here.

I installed Lightroom and PS Express via Apple's App Store on my iPad and iPhone. I have been using it in its limited form for a while, but recently I suddenly had access to more Cloud space (from Adobe) and premium filters. After a while I noticed that when clicking the cloud icon, it said “Trial - Days remaining: [x]”. It's now at 9 days. I believe it started at 60.

I never had a subscription to the Creative Suite on any of my desktop computers. I am also not eligible for the Adobe COVID-19 offer. When I log into my Adobe account (which I have because of my old pre-Adobe Behance account), I can see I have no subscriptions of any kind. The chat team confirmed this.

They advised me to contact Apple to cancel whatever I'm subscribed to now. I checked my subscriptions in my Apple account and there are none. I never gave Apple or Adobe my credit card details to avoid getting stuck with sneaky subscriptions and in-app purchases.

I asked the Adobe chat people about this https://www.adobe.com/sea/creativecloud/start-with-free-creativecloud.html but they didn't answer my question. All they kept saying is that “the trial is only 7 days”. I can't have that 7-day trial as I am now at 9, counting down from 60(?). All they could tell me is that my photos in the cloud will not be gone in 9 days.

All I want is to keep using the free, stripped-down version of Lightroom on my mobile devices. Could someone advise me about what to do? Or does the premium version simply reverse in 9 days?

TOPICS
Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

As I dislike abandoned support requests, here's the situation since July 29:

IMG_2251.jpg

I still have access to all my photos in the app, and by connecting my phone via USB to my Mac I can still directly copy all images directly to my computer's HD and use any image editing software installed there. Instructions for Mac:

- attach your device with a USB cable to your Mac and unlock the device;
- open iTunes and wait for your device's icon to show up (top-left underneath the volume slider);
- go to the attached d

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer may've been given by Charlie_D in this thread , but I want to be sure that that applies to my case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In all honesty I have no idea.

I've never heard of the free version of the ZLr mobile app automatically going to the premium version all by itself and to top it off not for 60 days.

But then we are talking about Adobe here and anything can happen. Like them naming a NEW program with the same name as an OLD program, Lightroom.

Only time, 9 days, will tell.

Best wishes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_2251.jpg

I still have access to all my photos in the app, and by connecting my phone via USB to my Mac I can still directly copy all images directly to my computer's HD and use any image editing software installed there. Instructions for Mac:

- open iTunes and wait for your device's icon to show up (top-left underneath the volume slider);
- go to the attached device by clicking its name;
- click on File Sharing in the Settings list and select the app from which you'd like to copy the files;
- drag the folder with files from the field [app name] Documents to your Mac's desktop. You should now be safe to delete the files via the app to create space on your device.

This way you can bypass both Adobe Creative Cloud and Apple iCloud.

Unfortunately, editing the high quality files directly in the Adobe app will no longer work, but for that there are more than enough non-Adobe and non-mobile options that work just as good if not better (for instance Darkroom, which automatically generates a folder with all your Lightroom photos).

Too bad no one at Adobe could support their users about the odd trial message. Would've saved us a lot of headaches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As soon as I marked my own follow-up post as correct, Adobe marked it as spam and threw it out… Here it is again:

IMG_2251.jpg

I still have access to all my photos in the app, and by connecting my phone via USB to my Mac I can still directly copy all images directly to my computer's HD and use any image editing software installed there, bypassing both Adobe Creative Cloud and Apple iCloud. Instructions for Mac:

- go to the attached device by clicking its name;
- click on File Sharing in the Settings list and select the app from which you'd like to copy the files;
- drag the folder with files from the field [app name] Documents to your Mac's desktop. You should now be safe to delete the files via the app to create space on your device.

Unfortunately, editing the high quality files directly in the Adobe app will no longer work, but for that there are more than enough non-Adobe and non-mobile options that work just as good if not better (for instance Darkroom, which automatically generates a folder with all your Lightroom photos).

Too bad no one at Adobe could support their users about the odd trial message. Would've saved us a lot of headaches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines