• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to swap primary email to a deleted account

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I needed to change my primary email address for the Adobe account before I buy the subscription, so it stays with the desired email address.

However I realized that at some point in time, an account was created with the target email address.

So I went ahead and deleted that entire Adobe account. It's been 48 hours since, and it still says "Email already used."

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 5.39.34 PM.png

As per this help article, I should have simply added suffix like "+old" to my spare account's primary email and went ahead with the change in the main account.

However now what's done is done, I need to figure out a way to fix this. One guess is that the account deletion is still in the pool and once that happens it should work, but there's no ETA on that.

TL;DR Have two accounts. Wants to use primary email of the second for the first. But ended up deleteing the second account and now is stuck.

Any help will be appreciated.

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

i'm not sure that can be fixed but, if it can, you'll need adobe support's help: using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

click contact us (in the lower right)
in the chat field, type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

I think you are making a very big assumption that an account may be reused after deletion. It may be locked forever, for data protection and other reasons.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm not sure that can be fixed but, if it can, you'll need adobe support's help: using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

click contact us (in the lower right)
in the chat field, type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, I did that actually and according to them only after one month they can reactivwte my old account to swap emails with. I shouldn't have been too impatient to delete to account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are making a very big assumption that an account may be reused after deletion. It may be locked forever, for data protection and other reasons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I chatted with an support and they told me that after one month the account can be reactivated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines