Payment Options

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2 programs, Premiere Pro and Lightroom.

Both are now very old, and I only use both a few times a year, normally upon return from my holiday.

I think £100+ a year, every year, for ever is expensive for my needs.

Is there a subscription model where I pay for use, ie I start the program, it knows that and I pay a hourly rate.

Or can you advise what programs I should move to that are not a subscription based scheme.

TOPICS
Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no there is no hourly etc subscription.  it's either monthly or annual.

with premiere pro you can select a monthly subscription and do that the months you want.  that's the closest you can come to what you want.

you can do the same with lightroom but lightroom also has a purchase one-time option, https://www.adobe.com/products/catalog.html#category=photo

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply but following your link I can only see a monthly or an annual option for lightroom, but I cant see a one-time purchase option (just an option to rent it for a year or monthly)

Can I just purchase for one month, then not purchase for 8 months, then purchase for a month again.

Not ideal, I dont really like to rent anything, I much prefer to buy outright.

To my mind, a program that I buy for £150 and use for 3 years or more is way more economical that £300 for the same period and to be honest, I know the online version has all the bells and whistles and knobbly bits but I use lightroom to catalog and tweak the image, so in effect only use the bells.

I dont suppose anyone will suggest an alternative that does the job but isnt subscription based.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're correct, it no longer appears lr is available for one-time purchase.  so, its options are the same as premiere pro and the other subscription programs.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOME programs are available Monthly https://community.adobe.com/t5/Get-Started/Being-charged-for-a-full-year-when-i-m-on-month-to-month/... - links and pictures
-the special Photography Plan is ONLY available on an annual plan, with monthly or 1 annual payment

The Elements programs are one time purchase http://www.adobe.com/products/elements-family.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro from $20 per month, Lightroom from $10 per month in Photography Plan. $360 per year is the cheapest (price is for a full year commitment).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines