• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Phone calls regarding License - legitimate or fraud

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'm receiving phonecalls by an Adobe spokesperson regarding my licence.
The conversation is in French, while I'm speaking Dutch and English seems not to be an option.
So it's really hard for me to understand. Although in the initial conversation, all seemed to be ok with our subscription, another followed by the same person. I asked to send an email cause that's easier to understand. I had to give my email, which I thought was weird. Adobe should have all my details, why calling because of a single subscription? I'm wondering if this is legitimate. Should I worry? Is it commercial act by a third party? Does Adobe rings customers regarding changing subscriptions etc.

Thank you if someone could clear this up,
Jeroen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeroen,

Yes, Adobe should definitely already have your email address, since you say you are an active subscriber and your email is what your Adobe ID login uses.

If you are unsure of any caller from any company, then the best thing to do is get the person's name, title, and their contact information (telephone & address), and then google that information to look it up and confirm authenticity, before giving any further of your own information.

No matter who is ever calling from any source, it's always best to get and confirm their info before sharing any of yours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would say it's definitely a scam call. Adobe only calls after you've talked to, for example, adobe customer support and agreed on a call back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines