• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photography plan for couple

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm thinking of getting the photography plan for myself and my wife. However, I'd like some clarification on how the licencing works.

What we have:

Windows 10 laptop

Windows 10 Desktop

Individual logins tied to our Microsoft accounts

How do I get it so that my wife and I can access the same plan from our individual logins, preferably accross both devices? What I don't want is for it to say that I need to pay twice as that's a bit unfair...

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there are no plans for couples/families.  there are individual plans (linked to one email/one password/one mobile for 2fa), team plans, enterprise plans, nonprofit plans and educational plans.

with one individual plan you can install the cc desktop app from here https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud on as many computers as you own and use it to install all (or some, if you want) of your cc subscription programs.

the only (insignificant for internet connect computers) limitation is that you can sign-in (and therefore start your adobe programs) on, at most, two computers at any one time. because you can sign out from either (or both) signed-in computers using a 3rd computer, this could not (imo) be easier.

in your situation, two photography plans ($10/mo x 2 = $20/mo) is the most economical way to proceed.

now, if you shared an email/password/2fa with your wife you could save $10/mo.  that would be illegal but adobe's not going to track you down and have you arrested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First the Adobe programs do not care what Logon is used to access the Computer they are installed on.

They do care about the Adobe ID, Email Address and Password, that is used to Sign In to both the Adobe CC Desktop app and the Adobe programs.

So although you and your wife use different Ms Accounts to Log Into your individual computers that has nothing to do with accessing Adobe programs.

Legally an Adobe Individual Subscription plan is Tied to the persons Adobe ID that purchased the subscription and again, Legally, can only be used by that individual.

You can have the Adobe programs installed and activated on 2 computers at the same time but both computers can not use the Adobe program at the same time and Legally only by the same person. That person being the one that purchased the subscription and his/her Adobe ID.

I hope I have been as Clear As Mud, Legally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Himaro,

Happy New Year!

If you both use Lightroom, your Creative Cloud storage is going to be a mess with 2 people trying to sync/share image collections, storage, etc... at the same time on the same account.  Even if it weren't a violation of the Terms, it's not a good option for 2 people.

OPTION 1: Get 2 separate subscriptions to the Creative Cloud Photography Plan.  USD $10/month x 2 x 12 months.  Each member gets everything a digital photographer needs and more...
-- Photoshop CC and Photoshop on iPad
-- Lightroom on desktop, mobile and the web
-- Lightroom Classic
-- Portfolio website + hosting
-- Spark with premium features
-- Bridge
-- 20 GB cloud storage (upgradable to 1 TB).
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

OPTION 2: Get 1 Photography Plan (above).  And separately purchase Photoshop Elements (no subscription needed) for the other person to use.  PS Elements is a light version of Photoshop CC without all the bells & whistles, also a much less steep learning curve.

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines