• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Plan "doesn't exist" but I'm being charged for it and can't contact support...

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoping someone can help me out here.

Back in January I purchased a 1 year Photography package plan at a student rate. It was not purchased through my school, I purchased it myself directly from the Adobe website, but my account is linked to my school email. Recently I went to open Photoshop and it wouldn't open, it said I didn't have a license and asked if I wanted to start my free trial. When I went into my account page, there was no history of me ever having purchased a plan and the only plan shown is a free trial. This is ridiculous, because I have the receipt and I've been working on this software somewhat regularly most of the year. 

Then I got an email from Adobe telling me my plan was expiring in January and I would automatically be charged when it did to renew it for another year. It said I could cancel this from my account. Except my account shows that I have no plans at all and so I can't actually cancel because I can't get into my plan details because apparently I have no plan (but I'll still be charged for it!). So not only am I presently being denied the use of a service I paid for, but I'm about to be charged for it again and I can't prevent this because my account page insists I don't even have a plan to cancel in the first place. To say I'm confused and frustrated is an understatement.

I've had no luck with contacting Adobe directly, every time I try to get contact details I get the generic message saying I can't contact them, I have to go through my school. I tried contacting someone from IT at my school, but they don't know who I should be talking to for this kind of a problem and think I have to contact Adobe directly because I purchased my plan from Adobe directly, not through the school. So you can probably see where I'm a bit stuck here.

Any assistance would be immensely appreciated.

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

I would suggest instead of trying to contact through chat that you call customer support directly and that you want to speak to someone about Billing. This page lists contact numbers based on region of the world:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

"Would that still be the case if they didn't purchase the subscription through the school? " Surprisingly, for many people the answer seems to be yes. It is indeed based on the email: every email in the "enterprise" is owned and controlled. The school would have an appointed account manager in this case, the challenge is finding him or her.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody here can help

Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link below
-you must also allow 'cookies' in your web browser for this to work
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html for chat or https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html
-click the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session
-the chat icon looks like '3 dots inside a circle' at the lower right
-type AGENT into the chat window to connect directly to a person rather than the AI
Do be aware that Adobe's staffing is impacted by the virus, so wait times are long
Also: beware of answering anyone who sends you a private message
-click for more information about scammers https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest instead of trying to contact through chat that you call customer support directly and that you want to speak to someone about Billing. This page lists contact numbers based on region of the world:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that's super helpful. Up until now Adobe has blocked me from viewing any of their contact information with a generic notice saying I have to go through my school, I guess because my account is connected to my school email. I haven't had any luck finding any customer support emails or phone numbers that I can actually view without being blocked. I can see this page though! That gives me some headway 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you talk to a human they will eventually tell you that you need to contact your school. They completely control schools accounts and billing. 

When you sign in, there may be a choice before password between personal and enterprise accounts. The school account is "enterprise".  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would that still be the case if they didn't purchase the subscription through the school? Or did using their school email assign it to the school even though they purchased it on their own? It's entirely possible the school doesn't have an Adobe account manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Would that still be the case if they didn't purchase the subscription through the school? " Surprisingly, for many people the answer seems to be yes. It is indeed based on the email: every email in the "enterprise" is owned and controlled. The school would have an appointed account manager in this case, the challenge is finding him or her.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Learned something new, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did contact my school before posting here. They had no idea who I was supposed to be talking to and said they couldn't fix this problem themselves, they told me I had to talk to Adobe because I hadn't purchased my plan through them. I was getting frustrated because I couldn't find any kind of contact info for Adobe that wasn't blocked with a generic message to go talk to my school, leaving me stuck.

The list of phone #'s here solved my problem. Turns out the issue was that my university changed our email domain slightly a few months back and somehow the email on the new domain wound up linked to a new account and I didn't realize. I have absolutely no idea how that happened because I never got any kind of confirmation of a new account being created, but it did, and I didn't notice, so it looked like my account was empty even though my email was still getting notices about my plan because the old domain forwards to the new one. Super weird. It was a very confusing situation for everyone involved until they looked up the original order number and mentioned the email was very slightly different and I put 2 and 2 together - I'd straight up forgotten about the domain change because it was extremely minor and didn't involve switching email clients. Anyways they were able to update the address on the account my plan is attached to and it's all good now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines