• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please assure me via email that my Master CS6 Collection perpetual license will stay forever active?

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I´ve talked via chat to one of your employees and he told me to ask my question here in the forum:
I would like to be sure, that my Master CS6 Collection perpetual license will stay forever active.

Could you please send me this confirmation to my email-adress? Thanks.

Afterwards I would active the Creative Cloud subscription model, if I´m sure that it won´t deligimate my (paid) CS6 perpetual license.

Best regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is known that if you install CC on a system with CS6, that CS6 licensing is changed. If you later remove CC. Or stop subscribing, CS6 will likely no longer work. “forever” is a long time, previous CS releases had the activation server turned off ten years after initial release. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OM39, good evening.
To supplement Test_Screen_Name's answer,
The CS, CS2, and CS3 activation servers have been stopped in the past,

and announcements are made each time, and guidance on remedies is provided.
Aside from the fact that CS6 can no longer be installed on macOS 10.15,

whether it can be installed in a PC environment 10 years later is different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

People could always install it on an old version of windows or on a virtual envirnment, and keep it working, should a windows update break the softwares functionality. But I have't heard of any issues with using CS5 or 6 on windows, and I use it myself without any issues at all.  But people use old software all the time, which is one reason people use windows,  and retro gaming for games that are 30+ years old is common.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why they sent you here. This is a user-to-user forum, and we have no ability here to manage your Adobe licensing or account or email address. Sorry!

Further, if you have any issues with running CS6 after CC has been installed/uninstalled, then see this help page:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/trial--1-launch.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ProDesignTools, good morning.
Anything other than unlocking the activation , install media issue is outside the scope of customer care support.

Wasn't it led to the forum for that?

It doesn't mean there was a problem with authentication in particular.
However, the request to just send an e-mail according to the title will not be answered by customer care.
(Emails cannot be sent even in the forum, but the evidence remains as a document, so it was a story to post here)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

" install media issue is outside the scope of customer care support."  Adobe support (or some members of Adobe support) sends people who want installers to the forum. This is absolutely wrong. The forum has no special knowledge or secret supply of installers. Unless they expect a forum user to share an installer, which would of course be a serious violation of the license.

Adobe should supply installers, or say they are not available. To send people here is deeply insulting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Test_Screen_Name, sorry.
It seems that somewhere other than "except" has been missed during the translation process.
My recognition is also activation, and if you can't get media from account management, you need help to customer care.

The walls of communication between Japan and overseas are thick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, my understanding is the OP requested an email confirmation that their CS6 perpetual license will stay forever active. That's really nothing that we as fellow users can provide here. Only Adobe themselves could possibly provide any such assurance.

The concern seems to be surrounding what happens to CS6 after CC is installed... The helpx page shared above should address any such concern about being able to reinstall/reactivate CS6 after CC is used on the same machine. In other words, it is possible to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines