• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Potential scam

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[external website] are offering subscription for 125 dollars a year , is this legit ?

TOPICS
Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

We're currently investigating as this is likely spam/scam - thanks for notifying us.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Similar schemes have been floating around for a while.  This is nothing new.  The vendor, typically offshore, purchases blocks of discounted volume licenses intended for companies with hundreds of employees.  They resell the volume licenses to unsuspecting individuals.  The software works for a while until Adobe detects the violation and revokes the volume licenses for everyone.  At which point, the software stops working and the vendor vanishes. 

For anyone contemplating this, don't risk it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're currently investigating as this is likely spam/scam - thanks for notifying us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any further word on this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly what I just got targeted with. Great price but I'm highly sceptical 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are doing heavy Facebook advertising. Seems too good to be true.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump. The people commenting who are vouching for its legitimacy do appear to be real people. One woman who purchased is definitely real and has a mutual friend with me. The deal still seems to be too good to be true. I would really like to know what this investigation uncovers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar schemes have been floating around for a while.  This is nothing new.  The vendor, typically offshore, purchases blocks of discounted volume licenses intended for companies with hundreds of employees.  They resell the volume licenses to unsuspecting individuals.  The software works for a while until Adobe detects the violation and revokes the volume licenses for everyone.  At which point, the software stops working and the vendor vanishes. 

For anyone contemplating this, don't risk it.  Crooks will say and do anything to extract money, credit card and personal information from you.

===========
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also saw this fake ad and got ahold of someone at Adobe..they verified it was a scam..as I thought. 2 words Common Sense.

If something seems too good to be true...it probably is! Adobe gave me a terrific deal on my yearly fees for alerting them to this. I know a few people that bought into this...I tried to warn them that their code would go POOF.. but they seem to think it is all fine. Always investigate. When I started posting on the Instastream thread on Facebook.. to tell people it was a scam they removed my posts and blocked me. No surprise. Today the link to get the "deal" is gone from Helios. POOF indeed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
> "I tried to warn them that their code would go POOF, but ..."

Yes. This is exactly what happens.

Why Never to Buy Adobe Software on eBay, Craigslist or Amazon Mkt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines