• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

receiving pop ups saying one of my Adobe apps is not genuine and will be removed which is not true

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I’ve been receiving pop ups saying one of my Adobe apps on my surface pro is not genuine and will be removed in 10 days. However all of the Adobe apps I have were purchased by my school correctly and I’ve had them for many years So it makes no sense to notify me now 4 years later and despite them being real 

955B341E-97AF-43C2-9184-29707D225F52.png

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The company that the school purchased the software from may have sold it illegally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

or maybe it was legal, but each license was limited to a certain duration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That may be the issue.  I remember a thread about some educational licences that were limited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Or maybe, just maybe you have remnants of old unsupported versions of Acrobat and Flash Player that need to be removed for security reasons.  Use the Adobe Cleaner tool to wipe old apps off your system.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Restart your computer.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines