Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Refund refused

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe, 

Hopefully this will be seen by an employee or someone who can help me contact an employee! I would like to file a complaint for the customer service I have received when trying to cancel a subscription I no longer use that was automatically renewed without my knowledge. I recieved no efforts to communcate that I was being billed or notification that my trial had ended so I was not able to track when I could cancel it if I no longer needed the subscription. I only noticed the charges when my credit card sent me a notification about a recurring payment. I was told immediately (and quite rudely) over the online chat that I should've noticed this insidious practice in the fine print of the terms and aggrements and it was my fault for it not being clear to me, and therefore there was nothing for him to do. I was told that there was no way to recieve a refund or cancel the subscription that I no longer use without incurring a $50 fee, and I should've done that 14 days after I first downloaded my trial, although again I recieved no notification about that - just that it was stated in the (very long) terms of aggrement. I was also told that the only way to cancel without getting a fee would be in 2021 and I would have to keep paying even though I do not use the service! Despite me repeatedly asking if there was anyway I could receive a refund, I felt ignored and talked down to with scripted answers that only pushed more offers to keep be locked into the subscription in the longrun. I have great admiration for the adobe company, but this experience has been completely unacceptable. I have looked online and have seen countless complaints of the same nature where people were not notified that they were being charged and then recieved horrible customer service when they tried to solve it. It seems like some have even threatened to go to a small claims court and a class action attorney. It's completely immoral and shameful that adobe uses this sneaky practice to make cancelling and refunds so difficult. Audible did the same exact thing of not notifying customers about recurring charges, and they were sued for it, so I hope for Adobe's sake they change their policy. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you 'click to agree' to the subscription terms while buying a subscription, that means that you really do need to read BEFORE you buy a subscription... https://www.adobe.com/legal/subscription-terms.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user-to-user forum.  Nobody here can help with billing or account related issues. 

Please re-read the Subscription Terms you agreed to when joining. 

https://www.adobe.com/legal/subscription-terms.html

7 Day trials automatically become a paid plan on the 8th day of service unless you cancel beforehand.  You have 14 days to cancel without penalty and receive a refund.  After 14 days, there are no refunds and early cancellation incurs a 50% penalty fee.  I don't know how many months of service you have remaining but it might be prudent to just cancel and pay the penalty fee.  Otherwise, keep paying and wait until your 12th month to cancel. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd been struggling with their customer service so I thought I'd post on the forum since I had seen other's with the same complaint do so and get responses. Have a good day

[abuse removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the othjer 2 posts above have stated you need to contasct support as we here on this forum system are just other users.

But lets be honest. When you Signed Up for what is called a FREE trial you put in your CC info. 

If something is actually FREE you would not of been asked to input a Payment Method.

Along with that all of what has happened, the Time Limit on the Free Trial, The Need to Cancel BEFORE the Trial Ended and that you would be charge after that time and then the Cancelation Fee that would be charged if you canceled is Clearly covered in the subscription agreement.

Then I wonder why anyone would sigh up for any Adobe software if they did not plan on using it for longer than 1 week and or needed it.

All I have to add is in the future try reading the subscription terms. Best of luck to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Umm did I ask? Never thought I included you in this discussion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you did include me, and all other Adobe Support forum users, when you posted your Question, Problem, Rant, on this open forum system.

As above I wish you the best of luck. Have a Great Weekend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aw wow thanks, but I'm not interested in you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And possibly your attitude is part or all of the reason you did not get a refund.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Attitude and/or lack of maturity.  Next time ask a parent, teacher or guardian to help you.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines