• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Revoked keys Creative suite 6

Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get a serial key revoked message when trying to install my copy of Adobe Creative Suite 6. This was bought on the adobe store on Amazon.

I was directed to make a post to complain here buy the adobe chat support team btw (!) Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

I contacted support again and managed to have them revalidate the keys I had. Think that since I had proof of purchase with the amazon store it went relatively straight forward.

Also this was a student edition of the cs6  suite with verification and all. (so I guess it was really from adobe's official store in amazon)

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though, at one time, you bought what you thought was software from Amazon it could of been from some Seller that Amazon allowed to sell on their website system.

That does not mean it was from Amazon Directly and authorized by Adobe.

This has happened a lot recently because Adobe has now canceled all Corporate, Enterprise, licenses, serial numbers, for older Adobe software. That included CS6.

So what you bought from some one using the Amazon system was more then likely a Enterprise license, serial number, which has now been Retired.

Your only option is to contact Amazon and ask them to figure it out.

But in the end if you want to continue to use Adobe software you will need to Subscrbe to one of the current Subscription plans.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted support again and managed to have them revalidate the keys I had. Think that since I had proof of purchase with the amazon store it went relatively straight forward.

Also this was a student edition of the cs6  suite with verification and all. (so I guess it was really from adobe's official store in amazon)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you got REAL LUCKY.

As a Student license is only good for when YOU are In School. I doubt you are still going to school. But I have been wrong before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it was a perpetual license as far as I remember (or advertised as such). This was the big reason I bought it; did not want to get locked in to the subscription thing with creative cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no such thing as a "forever license."  Never was, never will be.   All software has an End of Life and legacy CS6 is no exception.  Eventually, your old software will stop working on modern equipment.   Start budgeting now for new software.  CS6 is on life support.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, I agree; a perpetual license does not mean lifetime support to
keep cs6 running on newer platforms. New systems may break the software
and adobe is not obligated to support making cs6 work on them. In this
sense I get that it is not a "forever license".

However, my understanding of the perpetual license was that I have
perpetual access to the software copy I bought (because I own the copy by paying for it). I would think taking away what I own by revoking my access is not a nice thing to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe owns the software.  All you have is a limited, non-exclusive licence to use it for as long as Adobe can keep making it available. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is defenitly true with creative cloud; Adobe owns the software and you are kind of leasing it from them.

I am not so sure about the perpetual license though. I would think here in Europe the claim about adode owning a copy I bought off them is shaky. I may be wrong though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't matter where you live.  If you don't believe me, read your CS6 End User License Agreement (EULA). 

The Software is LICENSED, NOT SOLD.

https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/legal/licenses-terms/pdf/CS6.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That eula is probably not the one I agreed to with the perpetual license. This is  likely the one for creative cloud judging from this line:

"The Software is LICENSED, NOT SOLD, only in accordance with the terms of this agreement."

My understanding was that I was sold a copy (and not licensed a copy for a temporary period of time). Unfortunately I could not track the EULA that I agreed to at the time I bought it. I looked up a little and  am skeptcal that Adobe can legally revoke access to a perpetual license here without just cause. (even if the EULA claims it is licensed and not sold)

Europen law treats bought software licenses as owned commodities by virtue of which I could even legally resell my license to someone else:

https://www.itassetmanagement.net/2016/10/31/secondary-software-2016/

imo the Europe has strict consumer protection in place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No.  That's the same CS6 EULA that everyone agreed to at purchase.  You own a license.  That's all you own.  Read it.  And you may not sell an Adobe license without permission.  Both buyer and seller must submit transfer papers to Adobe first.  Certain restrictions apply.  Student/Teacher licenses cannot be transfered.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/transfer-product-license.html

I think you have everything you need for now.  Just don't be too shocked or dismayed when your software reaches the point of no return.  It will happen eventually just as it did with CS1, CS2 and CS3.  Hopefully by then, you will have migrated to newer and better software 🙂

Goodbye & best of luck to you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines