Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sharing my Adobe Account with a friend

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day everyone!

A friend of mine wants to get his hands on video editing and content creation and so far the free alternatives to Adobe products weren't either that comprehensive or not working out too well. I am a student at a university in Germany and he is living in Spain. Since my subscription allows the usage of Adobe products  (I am using the Adobe CC student subscription plan) on up to 2 computers I would like to offer him to try out Adobe products at his own pace this way and I could teach him a thing or two as well.

Now before I propose that idea to him I wanted to make sure if that is legal and isn't breaking anything from the ToS. What I want to know exactly is the following:

1) Is account sharing in general allowed/legal?

2) If account sharing is allowed, would it work with my current subscription plan and us living in two different countries?

I'm looking forward to any replies and hope this is the right place to ask.

-StarInferno

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Hi

From Legal Terms of Use | Adobe

5.2 Misuse. You must not misuse the Services, Software, or content that we provide to you as part of the Services. For example, you must not:

(a) copy, modify, host, stream, sublicense, or resell the Services, Software, or content;

(b) enable or allow others to use the Service, Software, or content using your account information;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

From Legal Terms of Use | Adobe

5.2 Misuse. You must not misuse the Services, Software, or content that we provide to you as part of the Services. For example, you must not:

(a) copy, modify, host, stream, sublicense, or resell the Services, Software, or content;

(b) enable or allow others to use the Service, Software, or content using your account information;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you want to do is ILLEGAL.

Tell your friend to Buy his/her own subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There a lot of apps that allow more than one user on the same account, mostly in the same household.

Adobe are mean spirited to expect every person in a family to purchase seperate Adobe Accounts !!! IMO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original question was about sharing the subscription with a friend that lives in another country, not another person in the same house as you...
If you have someone else using your account on your own computer that's not really the same situation at all, and probably falls within the EULA (maybe not technically; I'm not a lawyer!). At any rate, it can't be detected (at least not until activation requires a retinal scan or fingerprint...).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe are mean spirited...

==========

No.  Theft is mean spirited!  If everyone shared their account with another person, Adobe would  be out of business.

Do you share with friends your credit card and bank account PIN?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for the quick answers! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines