• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Student Creative Cloud Pre-Paid (Annual) Subscription -- Disappeared Overnight! HELP!!

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had purchased a yearly pre-paid subscription and still have about 4+ months left before it technically ends. Somehow my apps have automatically deactivated. I no longer see anything under “My Plans” when I log in to the account. It says “You have no items available.” It is as if my plan never existed. I have proof of purchase on my e-mail with the order number from the time I purchased this silly subscription. I tried troubleshooting on my end by uninstalling Creative cloud and all desktop apps + Restarting my Mac and finally re-installing Adobe Creative Cloud again... and all I see is that ALL of the Apps now say that I have the option to either BUY or Start 7-Day Trial for any and all the apps.

I tried contact us options hoping to CHAT but even then a purple box appears stating: “Please contact your administrator for help”. I don’t know who that is… given my Mac has full rights and I’m the owner of it.

I have no access to be able to CHAT for helpI have no access to be able to CHAT for helpMy Subscription Plan disappearedMy Subscription Plan disappearedNo Access anywhereNo Access anywhereAll Apps Offer Either BUY or TRIAL OptionAll Apps Offer Either BUY or TRIAL OptionScreen Shot 2020-07-20 at 7.06.07 PM.png

This is ridiculously inconvenient. I have troubleshooted using this link as well: https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/kb/stop-creative-cloud-trial-mode-after-purchase.html

Still nothing. I tried contacting the customer service twice now and first time it hung up after 25 mins and second time I called which is today it transferred for good 45 mins and then it hung up on me. So no direct human interaction took place. 

PLEASE HELP! I don't know what else to do or how else to reach someone who can genuinely help.

And I can't even CANCEL my subscription because it doesn't even recognize my active subscription under "MY PLANS" as stated above...This issue started 3 days ago but I thought it would fix itself by now but NOPE!

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on other messages, that means you need to contact the person at your school who manages subscriptions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But how would we even know who that is? We haven't organised our subscriptions through the university, just used a university email address. It'ls like we all got automatically transferred to that enterprise offer through our universities and now that that has ended we have no access to our original plan. I too, have 4 months left of my plan that I paid for upfront. I didn't pay for it through the univerisy so I wouldn't even know who to contact. This whole situation is rediculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem. And I don't even know who's in charge in my University. Captura.PNGCaptura02.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Jacqwie's response!

I can't speak for all students, but I'm pretty sure most are in the same boat as me. My school is not responsible for handing out licenses, especially when the purchase made is directly from Adobe's website. The University is shut down, and due to this no one from the university's Tech team will be able to do anything anyway. Even our e-mails servers have been shut down. Meaning that I can't send or receive any new e-mails from my student e-mail account through my university; like how we were normally able to do BEFORE Covid-19 days.

And from the looks of this frustrating situation, it seems that I'm not the only person who has brought this issue up. Based on my screenshots and original message, this is an Adobe products & service issue more than a University issue at this point. If a Customer (Student in this case) PAYS upfront for a service (Annual Pre-paid Plan of Creative Cloud for ALL Apps), than the Vendor (Adobe) owes the service. If the Vendor is unable to provide the service, then the Vendor should look into providing solutions quickly and efficiently to fix the ISSUE, and not resort to playing a pointing game (if that); Or point to FAQs / Articles / Chat link / Customer service number that don't help directly.

I'm looking for a solution, and thus far haven't found anything useful that would solve my issue. I don't think I have said anything wrong if you look at it from a logical perspective. Unless the vendor business model is to look professional at first and then rip customers off on the backend, which if that is the case then would only result to unhappy customers and further ruin existing trust. I think I have made my point enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I might have solved the problem. When you log in you should choose PERSONAL ACCOUNT instead of BUSINESS ACCOUNT. Then if you can't access your personal account because you don't have the password, you must put that you have lost your password and they will send you an email to restore it. As soon as you can access your personal account with your university email you will be able to see your Adobe plans. At least that worked for me.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Carlose20786131 for your suggestion.

I tried that approach as well, but since my student e-mail is not able to receive or send e-mails until the school starts in Fall, I am unable to retrieve the verification code that Adobe sends to my student e-mail. When I log in to my student e-mail, I don't see any new e-mails from Adobe or anyone in order for me to verify and be able log-in to my "Personal" account instead of "Company / School Account" on Adobe's website. So either way I'm still stuck. Wish there was a way to change my student e-mail to a temporary e-mail, but for that to happen I would need to access my details which is currently not accessible based on my original issue. Just going in circles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure why my updated message disappeared but I'll share it again. I feel this may answer some of the student's questions. Please continue reading below...

UPDATE as of July 23, 2020:

ISSUE IS FIXED FOR ME (finally). Read my long comment carefully here.

You will need the following things handy before you call Adobe's customer service number:

1) First & Last Name on the subscription
2) Student e-mail address used to sign up for the subscription

3) Credit card used to purchase the subscription (they may need last 4 digits to verify)

4) Phone number associated to the account (they may need last 4 digits to verify)

5) Secondary Personal E-mail address that you can easily access (See Step 2 below for details)

So after being on numerous calls to Customer Service toggling between their Technical team and Account / Billing team, it turns out that they were the only ones who could change things in the backend to help fix my original issue mentioned above. I had to explain my situation multiple times since I was being transferred back and forth. I asked them about the cause of the issue I experienced and got different answers each time: 

1) Some thought it was due to logging on many devices could be the issue (didn't apply to me)

2) Some thought it is because of logging on same device multiple times (this happened while being on the call with them troubleshooting as per their instructions but definitely not before the call);

3) Some thought it was due to some other issue on their end, which may have resulted in the issue I experienced.   

Try the following steps and gain access back to your active Student Subscription:

Step 1) Take out time out of your busy schedule to call the customer service hoping you get an actual person who is knowledgable on the topic to help you. It will not be a quick call for sure. Also, beware sometimes while on the call with Customer Service the voice quality of the call can drop, and or you may experience a "one-way" call where you can barely hear the other person or not at all. So that was quite annoying for me because then I had to hang up and start the process all over again. I pray that it doesn't happen to you.

Step 2) Patiently wait on the call until you get through. This took some time, but finally, I got through to someone and he told me my subscription is showing active on their end (some good news there), and he mentioned that since I purchased my license directly from Adobe my account is considered a "PERSONAL" account and not a BUSINESS / SCHOOL / ORGANIZATION account, even though the log-in works for both PERSONAL AND SCHOOL account (*smh with a heavy sigh moment*). So since I couldn't see my plan and all the details of my existing subscription plan, I had requested him to ADD a Secondary e-mail address on my account. Make sure you provide them with a personal (NON-Student) e-mail address that you can access easily in order to receive verification links and or codes. I had to do this extra step because I had not set up my 2-Step Verification initially when I signed up for the subscription, and this step was really necessary for me because my university is currently closed and their webserver for the e-mail doesn't allow me to send or receive any e-mails at this time. So none of Adobe's e-mails came through on my student account.

Step 3) Remain on the call line with Customer Service until you thoroughly test logging in using the secondary e-mail address by logging in through the "PERSONAL" account, and confirm that you are indeed receiving verification e-mails on your secondary e-mail address. Initially, they tried using my phone number that was on the account to send me verification code, and I didn't receive any codes. It gets tricky with using the phone number because some carrier services are slower to be able to instantly receive codes and then forward it to our phones. The phone approach failed for me and I have AT&T as my phone carrier with full service at home. E-mail proved to be quicker in my experience. So after all that now I'm logged on to my account, I see my plan/subscription details, and I no longer see that pesky 7-Day Trial / Buy Now option and I'm hoping everything stays working for the remainder of this subscription!

I hope these steps above help anyone that has an Active Creative Cloud All Apps Annual Plan (Pre-Paid Student subscription) and has experienced what I did in my original message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines