• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

student subscription linking to a free trial I had 2 years ago. different email accounts ??????

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few years ago I signed up for a free trial to Adobe Photoshop with my personal email account. Now I am in college and need to have photoshop for a class. I signed up for the student rate, paid for it, but when I log in, it somehow is linking my old, free trial account to my college student account and is telling me that I have to pay for it - which I did a few days ago. It is showing my college email address, but showing I have been a member since Nov 2017 (I was a sophomore in high school), so there is no way I had a college email address (no, I did not take any advance placement College courses in high school). This should be an entirely different account, different user id (email address), and this has been paid for (not a free trial).I can't get Adobe tech to help. I need this for this course, and I've paid for it (it's cleared my bank account. and as everyone knows, college students can't afford to just shell out $250.00 everyday for something they've already bought. I can't do anything, and I have an assignment due on Monday! Any suggestions????

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been a member since Nov 2017 (I was a sophomore in high school), so there is no way I had a college email address ( I did not take any advance placement College courses in high school).

Adobe tech to help. I need this for this course, and I've paid for it (it's cleared my bank account. a

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. You need to perform a clean installation of Creative Cloud.
  2. Uninstall all Adobe software from your computer. 
  3. Use the Adobe Cleaner Tool below to wipe residual files from your registry, etc...
    https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html
  4. Restart computer.
  5. Sign in to the Creative Cloud desktop app download page.
  6. Click Download in the navigation bar and follow the onscreen instructions.
  7. From CC Desktop App, install Photoshop.
  8. Restart your computer.

You should be good to go.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy -

Thanks for the instructions - but they didn't work. I completely uninstalled all Adobe software from my computer, did the cleaner tool, reinstalled, and it still shows my college account that I created last week as being a member since Nov 2017, and it shows that my Photoshop trial has expired. I think it is something messed up with the account itself that I'm just going to have to wait and let Adobe Tech correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sign out of the Creative Cloud app then Sign in with the correct email address and password.

If this was bought through the college then you need to speak to them about how to get the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you really think I'm logging in with the wrong email and password? To get the student discount, I have to log in with my college student email, not with my personal email.

This was bought with my personal funds, for my personal computer. The only link through the college is using my college email address so that I qualify for the student discount so that adobe can verify that I am a student by the .edu instead of the .com at the end of my email address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your email address is saved someplace on your conmputer. Some type of Auto Fill system on your computer.

Have you been to the Main Adobe site and specifically Sign In with the college email address and password for youre new, college associated, Adobe ID account? Then checked your subscription status?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines