Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Subscription cancellation because I have a free license

Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,
I am a contributor to Adobe Stock and got a free full CC license back in 2018. So far I have always forgotten to use it before the annual subscription ended.
This year I don't want to make the same mistake again.
I want to cancel my subscription and renew it later. But when I do that, adobe tells me I will no longer have access to the apps (see attachment).
That's weird, because I paid until Oct 1st.

Could anybody shed some light on this please? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Read Adobe subscription & cancellation terms below.

https://www.adobe.com/legal/subscription-terms.html

1. When you cancel a month-to-month plan, your service runs until the end of that month's billing cycle and stops.

2. When you cancel an annual plan (paid monthly or prepaid), your service stops immediately.  The unpaid balance incurs a 50% early cancellation fee.  In other words, if you cancel with 8 months of service remaining, you get a refund for half that amount which 4 months. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
Sorry to hear that you are facing trouble, unfortunately, you won't find the help you need at these forums. These are peer to peer forums, with no one here having access to your account information. You need to contact support.
Login to your account and navigate to the URL below. Make sure that the browser has cookies enabled, and all script blockers are disabled.
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html
Click on the chat icon on the bottom right, and type AGENT to avoid bots and talk to a human.
Also, be mindful of answering anyone who sends you a private message. See the following for more information about scammers
https://tinyurl.com/y7cfrr7y
-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot, Manan! Will do 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure, though, what you expect to happen... if you cancel, your program stops and access to your apps will stop. Why do you want to cancel if you are prepaid? If you are seeking to suspend the program and resume it later, that is not an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually when you pay for something, you can use it as long as you paid for (e.g. an insurance). If you cancel the contract, half a year before it ends, you are still insured for the rest of the year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you cancel insurance it is cancelled. You are not insured. I don't really understand the point you are making. Anyway, with Adobe plans, I believe Cancellation happens immediately, unless it is done in the last month of an annual plan where (I think I read) you still run to the end of the month.

Are you using "cancelled" to mean "stopping renewal"?

What do you hope to achieve by cancelling - are you hoping to have a credit to use later (certainly, you CANNOT)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read Adobe subscription & cancellation terms below.

https://www.adobe.com/legal/subscription-terms.html

1. When you cancel a month-to-month plan, your service runs until the end of that month's billing cycle and stops.

2. When you cancel an annual plan (paid monthly or prepaid), your service stops immediately.  The unpaid balance incurs a 50% early cancellation fee.  In other words, if you cancel with 8 months of service remaining, you get a refund for half that amount which 4 months. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Nancy! Exactly the info I was looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines