• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Subscription Cancellation

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I cancel my subscription would I lose the work that I did in Ai, Ps and Id or access to the programs or will I have limited access only to the projects that I did?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The work remains with you if you have the files stored locally, if the files are stored on the cloud then it's better you make a copy of them to your local disk. After cancellation you will lose access to these softwares so you won't be able to edit your files you created using these softwares like Ai, Ps

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short answer:  Without a PAID subscription, you have no access to Creative Cloud software and online services.   However the software remains on your system until you unistall it. 

A FREE membership, gives you limited access to certain apps & services.  See below for details.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/benefits-creative-cloud-free-membership.html

Free Membership BenefitsFree Membership Benefits

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy! 

I would like to cancel my subscription for now, but there is chance I will need to edit and access my files in the future. Would I be able to restart the subscription at a later date and have access to edit my current files?

Also, should I be saving my current docs (mostly illustrator) on a hardrive just in case? I really dont want to loose my work! 

Katherine 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should ALWAYS have your files on your hard drive, not just in the cloud

If your hard drive doesn't have room, use an external for copies

I use a Sata docking station and SEVERAL 'bare' drives for backup
https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-External-docking-station-drives/dp/B00U8KSLA8/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Katherine22979434it57,

When you quit paying, your service ends  -- no more cloud folders, no library, no fonts, no Stock Assets, no more apps. All access will terminate.  You can certainly start a NEW plan later if you wish. However it's not the same account you had previously.

Absolutely SAVE your work to your hard drive, external drive and on a dedicated cloud backup & recovery service, too.  DropBox, Gmail, OneDrive or Backblaze are all good options.  It would be a tragedy to lose access to your Creative Cloud folders and/or incure a hard drive failure without redundant file backups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One other thing I should mention.  While Adobe products stop working when you quit your service, the software remains on your computer until YOU unistall it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines