Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

subscription renewal and using subscription past cancellation

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear, 

I received a mail that my plan would be renewed in January and that it would raise in price. I do not use adobe enough to warrant paying that much so I went through the cancellation process. It gave me 2 free months of adobe usage and in my account it says my next payment is in March now and it will be renewed in April. 

So from what I understand this means I have till April to cancel again right ? What If I cancel right now just to be sure it won't get renewed? Can I still use adobe till April ? 

Thank you for any help,

Christophe 

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The two free months are for customer retention and are given in the expectation that you will continue for a full year.

I think that if you wait to cancel until April, you will be charged a cancellation fee, but I could be wrong. I would suggest you speak directly to customer service to clear this point up.

Click the following to contact Adobe customer support staff for help: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html

You must be signed in with your Adobe ID and allow cookies in your web browser for this to work. You should also have any script or pop-up blockers disabled for the website.

This is the link to the US website. If you are not in the US, the site should redirect to the page appropriate to the region associated with your ID.

Click the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session. Typing AGENT into the chat window should connect you directly to a CSR rather than the AI.

If the CSR refers you to the forums, insist on speaking with a supervisor and keep moving up the chain until you get someone who knows what they are talking about.

You can also search this page for a regionally appropriate phone number for customer support.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html.

Be aware that because of the pandemic, wait times are far longer than usual due to reduced staff and higher demand. Please be patient with the people to whom you speak. Like you, they are feeling a great deal of stress. A little patience and understanding will go a long way to helping you in your particular situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that if you wait to cancel until April, you will be charged a cancellation fee

That is correct.  By agreeing to accept the two free months you are signing up for an additional annual subscription.

Contact Adobe Customer service as LinSims  has described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not work for Adobe, but I have read other messages like yours

You were given 'free' time to keep you from cancelling... but that 'free' time was part of renewing

But, as I said, I don't work for Adobe... contact support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Will be Renewed in April Of What Year????

I suspect the year is 2022. 

Whenever Adobe gives you an extension of 1-2-3 months of a subscription it is combined with Extending your Current subscription period for another YEAR. So I would check that As Soon As possible and if that is the case you need to Contact Adobe Directly and CANCEL your subscription.

When you want to cancel somthing then CANCEL IT. Do Not take any supposed FREE extension. It is NOT FREE.

This forum system is not a direct link to Adobe support.
We are just users like you and can't help with account questions.
You need to contact Adobe directly through the Chat system at the link below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html

Select the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session.
Type in AGENT into the chat window to connect directly to a person rather than the AI System.

Best of Luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines