• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updated email address now cannot see documents.

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated the email address on my Creative Cloud account. When logging in with the new address I realised it was an address I've previously used with a Photography plan. I could see the Photography plan documents but not my CC documents.

I found another thread on here from someone in a similar situation suggesting changing the email on the Photography plan to another to free up the original then try logging in again with the original email address. I've tried that but it's now saying that an account with that email address doesn't exist. I now have no idea how to access the original CC account to access documents. Please help.

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check your account to verify your subscription is what you expect and to verify your updated cc account adobe id, https://accounts.adobe.com

does it show the subscription you expect?  (the non-photography plan?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I can only see the old documents relating to the Photography plan, nohthing for the Creative Cloud plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you see the correct subscription?  (it's not another photography plan, is it?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's showing my current plan as Creative Cloud Free Membership which is incorrect, I'm paying for the premium version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

click contact us (= cryptic icon in the lower right)
in the chat field, type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice, the issue has been resolved via chat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh great (and thanks for the follow-up).  do you know what was done to solve the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It turns out I am incredibly stupid and I had changed the original account to a completely different email address to the one I was convinced I'd changed it to *facepalm* the agent helped find it after proving my identity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

welcome to the "i've done something stupid" club!

so, if you'd correctly changed the photography plan to something (opening that adobe id/email) then your non-photography plan would have liked to the files you wanted?

or when you changed your current account email there was no problem (other than you trying to use an incorrect email)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the latter, there was no problem had I not been stupid enough to realise I was using the wrong email address all along!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you for the info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines