• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Legacy Photoshop CS6 School License at Home During School Shutdown (Corona Virus)

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Title edited for clarity.]

Years ago, my school district (Castro Valley Unified SD in the SF Bay Area in CA) bought a license to the Creative Suite for use throughout the district.

Today, 6 counties in the SF Bay Area were told to shut down, and all people are to "stay in place" (stay home).

My students cannot access the CS6 on our school desktop computers, but they are working on Photoshop assignments.

Is there a way that we could get temporary permission to access an online version of CS6, or even just Photoshop?

I was told that we paid something like $15K years ago for the license (purchase, not a subscription), so I am hoping that we wouldn't have to pay again, especially for just a month or two.

How can I get this arranged for my students?

Thank you!

Gary Ellis

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant answer! And kudos to Adobe for providing such access!

Gary Ellis

Creekside Middle School

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Is there a way that we could get temporary permission to access an online version of CS6, or even just Photoshop?"

I don't think so.  If you're still teaching with CS6, your curriculum is sorely in need of updating.  CS6 is 8 year old, outdated software that's no longer sold or supported.  I am fairly certain the special home-access offer is limited to schools with CURRENT  Creative Cloud Plans only.

OPTIONS:
Creative Cloud Photography Plan (approx $10/month for 1 year subscription)
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Creative Cloud All Apps Plan (31 + apps & services) for Students/Teachers
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/buy/students.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I hope you’re wrong!! 😁

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines