• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Very Disappointed [fee to cancel early]

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just cancelled my subscription "For Now" Because I need to reduce expenses and it is very sad that they charge me $ 40 dollars cancellation fee in the midst of a crisis like this. Wow just wow... 

TOPICS
Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re-read the Terms you agreed to when you joined. 

https://www.adobe.com/legal/subscription-terms.html

You had a 12 month commitment.  The pandemic hasn't changed that in any way.   You could have asked for a payment deferment.  But since you cancelled early instead,  you incur a 50% fee for breaking your agreement.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>> The pandemic hasn't changed that in any way.

Perhaps it's time it did.

Many institutions are offering temporary holidays on monthly payments and waiving termination fees for 3 to 6 months.

Now would be a great opportunity for Adobe to temporarily offer fee-free Cloud plan cancellations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't agree.

Companies like Adobe need to discourage cancellations to keep their enrollment numbers up.  If they waive cancellation fees, they are in effect encouraging customers to cancel.  That's bad business.

A much better approach is to offer payment deferments without late fees so people DON'T cancel. AFAIK, Adobe is doing deferments on a case-by-case basis.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fair enough. We agree to disagree.

>>>Companies like Adobe need to discourage cancellations to keep their enrollment numbers up.  If they waive cancellation fees, they are in effect encouraging customers to cancel.  That's bad business.

I have the opposite point of view.

Bad business is being seen to protect your membership numbers in times like these. It is exactly the opposite of the message that corporate giants need to be sending out right now.

Adobe should be exploring how they can really help all those in financial hardship. Banks and other institutions are doing exactly that here in Australia. If people want to support Adobe by remaining members, give that choice to the people rather than forcing them to stay.

In my view, temporary termination without penalty would be an act of compassion for the community. Many people have lost their jobs, have zero income, feel trapped in their plans and resent Adobe. Won't hurt Adobe much financially to temporarily offer an escape route to all who want one but will do wonders for their reputation in the community.

>>>AFAIK, Adobe is doing deferments on a case-by-case basis.

I'm not aware of that but good on them if they are doing it. Be nice if it was termination without penalty rather than just deferments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Internet froze. Duplicate reply removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Simply TERRIBLE policy (Cancellatrion Fee) that should be changed in this Pandemic. Never again, Adobe. You should be ashamed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines